Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe Sampler ER2S - Registered Pattern Linking!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Tribe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Electribe Sampler ER2S - Registered Pattern Linking! Reply with quote

I was thinking the electribe sampler could be a little more fun, if we could link registered patterns. Right?! What a cool idea would that be.. and was something I already tried naturally. Would add to workflow and give the simple OS some more depth.

Last edited by David Tribe on Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Tribe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Another idea came to me.. Reply with quote

You know what else makes sense if we had registered pattern linking.. "Bar linking". Bar linking would add a nice performance touch. Something else I tried naturally and thought of while trying to loop a single group.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its called song mode and was available on the real electribes.
David Tribe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Good one! Reply with quote

Your right, it was a real song mode available on real electribes. Sub chaining or linking should have made it onto the petition. I don't know why those guys aren't interested in adding anything else. Maybe it's lost cause, maybe we should all move on.. I don't know. Lot of potential though and with the release of the Red and Blue editions it makes sense for them to make some much needed improvements.
BubbleTrailsMusic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_INTER_ wrote:

On the "real" Electribes? IMO these new pad based tribes are much better than the old ones in terms of actual playability, but everyone loves to hate them because they f***ed up some of the features. (this is coming from a musician who likes to play instruments and not press buttons and twist knobs so of course it's just my opinion)

It's called pattern chain and they included it on the last update. If you can't make it work with that, maybe a different groove box would suit better. the E2 is undoubtedly the best standalone synth/groovebox out right now, at this price point.

Booking: BubbleTrailsMusic@gmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/bubble-trails
https://www.facebook.com/bubbletrailsmusic
https://twitter.com/BTmusicFreqs
David Tribe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Exactly the best groovebox at this price point.. Reply with quote

BubbleTrailsMusic wrote:
_INTER_ wrote:

On the "real" Electribes? IMO these new pad based tribes are much better than the old ones in terms of actual playability, but everyone loves to hate them because they f***ed up some of the features. (this is coming from a musician who likes to play instruments and not press buttons and twist knobs so of course it's just my opinion)

It's called pattern chain and they included it on the last update. If you can't make it work with that, maybe a different groove box would suit better. the E2 is undoubtedly the best standalone synth/groovebox out right now, at this price point.

You're right it's like one of the best new Synth/Grooveboxes out right now. So why not make it better. Especially if the improvements are simple like adding depth to the chain mode. It would help improve workflow and basically turn any initiate pattern into a song potentially. And allowing for creative remixing at a more intuitive level.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(this is coming from a musician who likes to play instruments and not press buttons and twist knobs so of course it's just my opinion)

Sorry I couldn't help myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujnfxAU0xw Wink
BubbleTrailsMusic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_INTER_ wrote:
Quote:
(this is coming from a musician who likes to play instruments and not press buttons and twist knobs so of course it's just my opinion)

Sorry I couldn't help myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujnfxAU0xw Wink

Hey I actually think that dude is pretty good! Haha. I just meant that my background comes from playing instruments (mainly guitar, piano, sax) as opposed to coming from a DJ/Producer background- so a piece of electronic kit that has "playability" is huge for me. I can see how my comment sounded smug, hehe. Embarassed

Booking: BubbleTrailsMusic@gmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/bubble-trails
https://www.facebook.com/bubbletrailsmusic
https://twitter.com/BTmusicFreqs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: