Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two easy questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowtrain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Two easy questions Reply with quote

I'm sorry for the lame questions, but I'm having a hard time getting meaningful results with the search engine.

1) Are there programs with names (not init names) in the user banks that don't make any sound? I spent some time programming the snarling pig patch today to familiarize myself with the editor, and when I finished, I tried a few random programs in the user banks. Some didn't make any sound, and some did.

2) Which bank did the new CX-3 organ sounds install to? I restored the factory sounds after I discovered the silent programs to see if I messed them up with the editor somehow. I think that I read that no user programs would be erased when restoring factory sounds, but my snarling pig patch is gone. I may not have saved it correctly though. I restored with my original DVDs, version 2.0

Thanks a bunch Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Two easy questions Reply with quote

slow train wrote:

1)'m sorry for the lame questions, but I'm having a hard time getting meaningful results with the search engine.

2) Are there programs with names (not init names) in the user banks that don't make any sound? I spent some time programming the snarling pig patch today to familiarize myself with the editor, and when I finished, I tried a few random programs in the user banks. Some didn't make any sound, and some did.

3) Which bank did the new CX-3 organ sounds install to? I restored the factory sounds after I discovered the silent programs to see if I messed them up with the editor somehow.

4)I think that I read that no user programs would be erased when restoring factory sounds, but my snarling pig patch is gone. I may not have saved it correctly though. I restored with my original DVDs, version 2.0

Thanks a bunch Smile

1)the ' forum search ' works poorly.

Google search the forum for better results.

2) don't follow why you need blank program locations like that. The init stuff should be adequate. My guess is that the ' location ' you selected was specific to the sound engine.

3) the ' new ' CX3 sounds are not exactly new anymore. Mine are spread between User AA and User CC. But its been some time and may have moved them from what was ' suggested ' in the PDF. Try opening the PDF to see what the default location was

4) You should be backing up routinely to a USB device. it will save you a lot of work and time recreating your original stuff
slowtrain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Greg. I'm sorry that didn't ask my questions very clearly. My problem is that I go through the programs in the user banks, and some of them don't make any sound. I'm referring to programs with names, not init slots. I'm not sure if it has always done this because I don't know if I've gone through every program before, but I don't remember it happening. After I programmed a snarling pig patch using the tutorials on youtube from another thread, I tried a few random programs in the user banks, and some of them didn't have any sound. I have installed and uninstalled a couple of EXs, so maybe that's where the programs came from. I think I'm just going to do a full install, update the OS, and reload the extra organ patches (new since OS 2, my DVDs). Thanks again
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowtrain wrote:
I have installed and uninstalled a couple of EXs, so maybe that's where the programs came from. I think I'm just going to do a full install, update the OS, and reload the extra organ patches (new since OS 2, my DVDs). Thanks again

That makes sense to me. I had 1 or 2 EX's or sample based programs where I removed the samples. But the Program names remained.

When I look at those Programs, there is a message on top " Samples not loaded "
I don't recall the housekeeping exactly- I may have copied a blank init program over that empty named program. So I don't bump into the empty program
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: