Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor window is too small. Can I resize it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowtrain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Editor window is too small. Can I resize it? Reply with quote

I just tried to use the editor 3.0 for the first time, and the window is way too small. I tried to resize it by grabbing the corner, the side, and the bottom, but it didn't work. I looked through the drop down menus for a setting, and I browsed the manual, but I can't find anything about resizing the editor window. Is there any way to resize the editor window without changing the resolution on my monitor? The editor is way too small to use the way it is, and I'm using the recommended monitor resolution on my PC (Windows 10).
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try reducing the resolution of the monitor when working with the editor,
or you can just zoom the screen.
I use zoom all the time with Korg vsts.

Hit Win Key and + and it should activate the magnifier. set it to 150 to 200%
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
slowtrain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Amit. That worked. Thanks for the tips thread too
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoom is a workaround, but DPI and scaling is a software issue that should be addressed by the programmers. It is not a new thing: MSDN says "Since Windows XP, dots per inch (DPI) settings have been a component of the Windows development platform"

I had a similar problem with the Arturia CS80 V software. The version I purchased in 2015 displayed on my screen in a tiny window. The entire CS80 was the size of a postcard, and could not be resized. A few months ago, Arturia came out with an upgrade that is DPI aware and resizable. So it can be done....
slowtrain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem reasonable to be able to use it without the magnifier. It was a real pain, and I haven't used the editor since for that reason. I was really looking forward to the new editor, but it's almost worthless to me. Superior Drummer 2.0 installers have the same problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: