Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer has a new synth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shift in topics! I like them all but only some will I own. Behringers synth may completely killer or not only time will tell. Some people will rule it out irregardless of sound because ti physically doesn't fill their needs. Works for me! Others will rule it out for sound or other reason, no problem! I enjoy my Martins, Strats and Minarik. I enjoy my Kronos, Minitaur, and Arp, along with other gear. I even enjoy the modeled sounds from the Zen Tour, doesn't however mean I would give up my tube amps. Who cares, this debate is endless and as long as we each have an opinion, no matter what someones scientific empirical data may prove to them, I will always like what I like and will not abandon one for the other. Seems pretty simple to me! Cool
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now to be a bit more analytical, if you want to really get scientific measuring the parameters or analogue to digital isn't going to get it done. You need to measure the individuals using them, everything from brain waves to chemical balances before during and after playing different device, there is a lot more involved then just trying to fit hardware into a box that fits. Mental, emotional, psychological, physical state of each individual plays the biggest role in this relationship with gear. Beer
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Now to be a bit more analytical, if you want to really get scientific measuring the parameters or analogue to digital isn't going to get it done. You need to measure the individuals using them, everything from brain waves to chemical balances before during and after playing different device, there is a lot more involved then just trying to fit hardware into a box that fits. Mental, emotional, psychological, physical state of each individual plays the biggest role in this relationship with gear. Beer

Bertotti, your words, and some other peoples words here on this subject are like,
food for my soul.
BTW, i also live in the middle of nowhere. Very Happy Smile
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
I mean - which would you prefer - an actual Fender Strat - or a Fender Strat copy ???

(we all know there are a few independent designs that are good)

The argument here is: You are all saying it's only a matter of opinion how good any instrument is; and I'm saying while opinion has a lot to do with it, there's another factor too - some instruments are better than others in their class / type.

Is a fender strat copy as good as a fender strat original, in the round ??

That's the argument.Everyone else here is saying the copy is as good as the original!

Strangely the G&L or Suhr strats (and teles) are much better than Fenders at the same price point. To get a fender nearly as good as a USA G&L start would cost you at least double.

Both Gibson and Fender make pretty substandard guitars nowadays unless you head for the upper prices, say over 3000 euros., and even then for the same price a Suhr or G&L would still be superior.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual fender strat has many variants, and they all differ in tone.
depending on many parameters.

Try comparing clapton strat with a gilmour strat or knopfler strat, might as well add in Hank Marvin and Nile Rodgers and a little bit of Malmsteen.
What they all are strats ??? what they all sound different???

For Strat copy, try a Suhr it's as good and can be at times better sounding.

When you pay a lot sometimes it's just not the acousttics, but the craftsmanship and the quality of components used, the reliability and how it stays in tune.

Sure if you want some signature strat , go ahead, but you would be extremely lucky to sound the same as the artist. The don't just play a strat they play THE STRAT.

Try a fender Squier Classic Vibe 60's or 70s Strat it's a decent quality instrument (better than some MIM's and equaling some MIA models too).
Add some decent upgrades and you will have an as good a strat as any.

Sorry If I don't get the argument here: comparing a Stradavarius with a $200 violin or sort,for me the argument would be Stradavarious vs a Kontakt Sampler/Kronos version of it.

A $200 instrument or $200k instrument is still a physical entity, still an instrument in it's own right.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean - is a Behrineger superior to a Behringer copy ??

I ask ye ?
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say the copy of a Behringer is the copy of a copy Twisted Evil
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is a simulation anyway, so it doesn't matter.
Just google the double slit experiment. Twisted Evil

Sharp.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On and off topic and into other realms of possibilities I will post this. I had to see Sharps reference and it is cool. Next time I play I think I will try it with my eyes closed!
WOW"click here"WOW
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
On and off topic and into other realms of possibilities I will post this. I had to see Sharps reference and it is cool. Next time I play I think I will try it with my eyes closed!
WOW"click here"WOW

So that the next time you play, what you create will be because of the wave of probability and not measurement (quality) of the effort itself?

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...BeatStep Pro or SQ-1?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler, could be!
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
nitecrawler, could be!

Maybe that is why, sometimes, the creation process seems to come from some other source than from within. Rather like you are tapping into some outside force or well of creativity. Idea

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Next time I play I think I will try it with my eyes closed!

So you'll never know if the cat is still alive!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will tell my cats to close their eyes to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: