Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CX-3 Drawbar 1' Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perilous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: CX-3 Drawbar 1' Problem Reply with quote

Hey there,

Has anyone had this problem before? Sometimes the last drawbar does not work. It LOOKS like it's working, but it doesn't sound like it. As a matter of fact, there's no sound at all. The last drawbar on the Upper manual is controlled by the Master Slider, and the touchscreen shows it's working when I pull and push it, but no harmonics can't be heard. This seems to happen when I change the Rotary Amp setting.

I shot a brief video:

https://youtu.be/myutwN3u9PI

Does anyone know what the problem is? I didn't forget how this keyboard operates, did I? I dunno. I love organ sounds. If I don't have all nine drawbars working, I think I might die.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this is your problem but when you have either harmonic percussion (2nd/3rd) ON, the rightmost drawbar is inactive.
This is the CX3's accurate emulation of the "Hammond B3" - turn off the harmonic percussion and the drawer will be heard.

(BTW - Nord does not emulate this correctly!!!!)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Perilous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Thanks, Pete! This all makes sense now! This all comes from not spending more time on the B3.
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Despite owning a B3, I got caught like that once. It was a particularly hellish outdoor gig that was absurdly dusty (rodeo-type setting). I wouldn't have normally brought the Kronos had I known about the conditions. Anyway, I go to pull a little whistle out of the B3 sound and there's nothing. Because of my state of mind -- thinking the Kronos was simply getting ruined by the minute -- I immediately thought the dust had destroyed the fader! A little irrational, perhaps...I'm sure I made a pretty silly face. It was only after the set that I realized I made the forehead-slapping mistake of not checking the percussion (thank you, post-set beer). You get that instinct after only a few times on a B3, but in the heat of battle, I was just enraged!

Also:

"I think I might die." - Perilous

Love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: