Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spider Pro. Ideas on how to make 2nd tier parallel?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowtime wrote:
Good news! An inexpensive part will transform the angled arm into a straight arm. Bad news, it takes 8-12 weeks to obtain said part.

Here is the response I got:
"I am sorry for the confusion regarding the Spider Pro stand. It sounds as though this user you are referring to has the laptop holder, seen below. This product does what he is describing, it can simply be adjusted from tilted to level using the four preset angle adjustment notches. Just to be clear, I am not suggesting that you need to purchase this, I have much better news for you than that. All that is needed to convert the Spider Pro upper tier from angled to flat are two small plastic tabs that attach to the back end of the arms. You may notice that when the stand is folded up the lower tier has these already and the upper tier does not. These small parts are part number 7.188.602155 and these are $3.20 each plus postage. I would need to special order these parts from Germany which may take 8-12 weeks for delivery, but you may opt to have these air-mailed here for an additional fee. These are relatively easy to install, and can also be removed if you wish to switch back to the stock configuration. You may order these from us directly using a credit card via email, phone, or fax. Please let me know if you have any questions."

That is great news, I am looking into making the top tier of my spider pro straight armed as well and I was going to purchase the arms themselves but held off being that they were a special order. Thanks for doing the research and sharing it. The 8-12 weeks is the only downside but I just use the bottom tier for now. Very Happy

Last edited by Diego5150 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
nowtime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any users can enlighten me on how to easily set the tier heights evenly? Having a difficult time! Do you just set yours "close enough for rock n roll?"
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into various stands before I bought mine. Well, actually mynboughtnit for me as a Christmas present. I prefer an X stand because it allows room for pedals. Quil Lok just seems to me to be a better solution. Sorry that you already bought yours though.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was all set for the spider or apex until someone posted a link to statistic. One of those is now on my list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: