Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K&M Spider Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fcoulter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: K&M Spider Pro Reply with quote

I'm considering a K&M Spider Pro as a keyboard stand. Unlike the APEX, it looks like it leaves the floor a little cleaner so pedals, etc., can be accessed easier. K&M will also sell a third level, as well as a music stand to screw onto the top. My goal is to keep a small footprint as well as keyboard stability.

I'm looking at putting a Kronos 88 on the bottom, a 7X something in the middle, and a 61 on top.

Has anyone used one of these? Any thoughts about stability, etc.?
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used it but everyone says it's great. I wonder how easy it is to transport?
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best keyboard stand EVER! I love it exactly because of its spider feet which allow a lot of pedals below.

I don't have a three-tier version, two is enough for me - even though it's sturdy as hell, I think you don't want to overburden it. Even though K&M states 35 kg of weight on one pair of arms, I'd take that down a notch just to be on safe side, so I would suggest no more than 25 kg per pair of arms - ESPECIALLY if you like to pound those keys into ff and fff!

It's very easy to transport as its legs and arms are foldable, and you can also buy a carrying bag made specifically for it, making it all easier.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: K&M Spider Pro Reply with quote

fcoulter wrote:
I'm considering a K&M Spider Pro as a keyboard stand. Unlike the APEX, it looks like it leaves the floor a little cleaner so pedals, etc., can be accessed easier. K&M will also sell a third level, as well as a music stand to screw onto the top. My goal is to keep a small footprint as well as keyboard stability.

I'm looking at putting a Kronos 88 on the bottom, a 7X something in the middle, and a 61 on top.

Has anyone used one of these? Any thoughts about stability, etc.?

Some yrs ago I had a 3 keyboard rig- Rd700GX1, 76 Extreme-2nd tier, and XS76 on top. It was too much weight and not that stable.

I then used a tabletop stand for the RD and raised up the slanted 2 tiers ( above the RD) and the Pro handled Extreme and XS on top. This multiple stand arrangement was better.

I lost some visibility of the Extreme in the middle.
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago Proel KK20/30 was best (in my opinion) multi tear stand - but that was 10-15 years ago.
Now Spider Pro is the one. This is 2nd i had due to broken `legs` on first one Smile - i like to rest on mine hhahah

Here are some pics to see it in action:

https://www.facebook.com/MystiqueBandToronto/photos
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Spider Pro, it is very stable the legs fold out strangely but once you get the hang of it it is not a problem. The only thing I don't care for is the top tier is angled down. I am only 6' tall but I like to stand when I play and I usually only keep my Kronos on the lower tier at max height. Depending on the venue size I either bring another stand for my Nord or I keep it in my truck.

If you like the top set of boards angled down it is a home run, if not it still a sturdy solid stand. Hope that helps.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can adjust the top tier not to be angled... Alternatively you can purchase another set of tier arms that is fixed straight.
DaveKeys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the K&M Spider Pro and also the Baby Spider Pro for about 3 years now, I and really do rate them as stands.
The 4 legs makes them better than the conventional '2 ski' x frame stands, as they are more able to adapt to uneven surfaces. As previously mentioned, they also give space for pedals, unlike other column stands.

The only thing I would say; avoid the K&M branded gig bags for these stands; the zips aren't strong enough (and the material somewhat thin). I use one of these and it's a perfect fit for the Spider Pro.
http://www.expressmusicstore.co.uk/products.asp?code=114677
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, must say the K&M bag I got for my Spider Pro seems perfectly up for the task... Will see what happens as years go...
AudioProCT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use and sell teh K&M spider pro, you would have to buy an additional tier for a 3 keyboard, or use one of the stand adaptors, like the laptop add on if its a small controller.

The stand is great, holds up well, easy to set up and break down,

I get you a great price, call or email me
Daniel Kinnaird

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 2 tier spider pro and ended up flipping it an favour of a Z stand.
I had a synth on the top tier which meant that the Kronos on the lower tier arms had to be extended somewhat. In this position there was just too much wobble for my liking. It was more stable with the keyboard closer to the column...
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Kinnaird wrote:
It was more stable with the keyboard closer to the column...

Of course, that's just obeying the laws of physics!
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so satisfied that I bought a second Spider Pro. I have a three tier Spider Pro plus laptop and mic stand for home use, and a two tier Spider Pro for rehearsal and gigging with the band.
The K&M bag works fine for me.

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
fcoulter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: