Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Its been 5 years ! Are you still loving your Kronos ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be 5 years for me this September 10. It's funny, I can remember that date but not my wife's birthday! Wink
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
It'll be 5 years for me this September 10. It's funny, I can remember that date but not my wife's birthday! Wink

LoL. Don't tell her
rickster1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine on President's day 2012, so just turned 4. Amazing technology, I keep finding new things on it. Have used it for recording & playing live. Also play with the songs I've recorded. Very happy customer here; I'll definitely buy another one.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine on 2-22-11! Wasn't even available.
What is wrong with me ordering stuff sight unseen!!!???
It was a spec monster.... what can I say???
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a bit of a no-brainer seeing as the Oasys was such a well constructed beast - poor mans Oasys had to be bought!
Aside the initial PSU failure I had it has been rock solid.
The upgrades with Setlist screen etc just made it even better.
It's firmly in my collection Cool

www.losendos.co.uk
arne v

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely!
It still amazes me what this thing can do, i learn new stuff almost ervery day and i concider it a part of me. It helped me through a divorce (for not loosing my mind), it helps me through a stressful day and week. Its serenity now every time i play Smile
My son almost 15 has begun using it as well trying to learn how the Kronos works
Regards
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing workstation, still after 4-5 years of use. I finally took the step as well to join a band with Kronos last year. Still love the great sounding piano's, e-piano's, hammonds and all the synth sounds. And this is a great forum too, which actually helps getting the most out of Kronos and make it even more fun!

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arne v wrote:
Absolutely!
It still amazes me what this thing can do, i learn new stuff almost ervery day and i concider it a part of me. It helped me through a divorce (for not loosing my mind), it helps me through a stressful day and week. Its serenity now every time i play Smile
My son almost 15 has begun using it as well trying to learn how the Kronos works
Regards

Thank you for sharing that. I consider the Kronos to be a great friend , in a manner of speaking. I feel the Kronos has enabled me to make better music. And the effort I put into it is good for the heart, soul and brain. A source of happiness everyday Smile
NormC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even had mine for a year yet. I love it but I feel so clueless with it. I have never owned anything so involved. I am still learning all the features. I had a DW6000 and a Alesis QS6.1 before this.
NormC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even had mine for a year yet. I love it but I feel so clueless with it. I have never owned anything so involved. I am still learning all the features. I had a DW6000 and a Alesis QS6.1 before this.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out all of the free tutorials! And don't hesitate to ask questions Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormC wrote:

its like eating a 25 pound steak. You can only take a small bite at a time.

I think its essential to move around the different modes easily( global, disk, combi, program, setlist, etc. ). Just work to get the basics in each mode.

Understand file structure, instrument categories and always know where you are saving your work. Know where your empty banks are in combi and program mode, for example.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have had my Kronos 73 since 2011-07-07 (serial no. 74), and still love using it like on day one - or rather even much more, knowing how to get the most from it meanhwile. I have updated it with max. RAM, added a big SSD and use the present OS. It has been upgraded with some great available sound libraries as well, including the Berlin grand and the 2015 KRS soundpack.

All in all it has become a true centerpiece of my music making since then, both for playing live and in my home studio. Korg's first class update politics for this gem of a multipurpose synth, which let it grow with the demands, have made a convinced Korg customer of me. Until now I see no keyboard on the whole market far and wide, which I would call even remotely as useful, as this one has proved to be for me.

An important part of this excellent experience has been
a) Sharp's wonderful forum here (where I always found valuable answers to questions and LOTS of useful hints), and have been
b) the contributions of many power users, providing everything from great tools over first class tutorials up to free sound packs!
This has really been overwhelming, and I know of no other keyboard forum with this degree of participation of many users, good atmosphere and useful help!

Last edited by jimknopf on Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 11 times in total
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had money in hand and was ready to take the original Kronos home from the store the day it came in. But after auditioning it for a while I just wasn't impressed and walked away.

I ventured into the land of DSI and Moog for awhile before finally getting a Kronos 2 last year. What the hell was I thinking back then. The Kronos is awesome.
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only almost 4 years in, got my Kronos X in September of 2012. It is the greatest purchase I ever made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: