Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X OS 1.1.3 available
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
400nvd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: PA4X OS 1.1.3 available Reply with quote

Just downloaded

Noël
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Noel

Link is:- http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/516/2634/

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always welcome a update that fixes something especially the Boot Issue, maybe the next OS will address the lack of aftertouch in sound mode. That omission is a Performance and Programming problem that robs the player of expression.

Here's hoping Cool
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
taletdk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going too slow

Korg PA5X-76, Korg PA4X-61K, Shure Beta 87A, Shure Beta 58A, Shure KSM-8, Midas MR-18, ZOOM H2N, Earthworks Audio SR40V,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bescki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last week I had problem with pa4x, didnt boot. So, till toady I used my old pa800, I didnt format my pa4x, I didnt want to lose my actual set, because I didnt save it.... I hope with this update, it will boot and it will work normally for tonight show...
korgmkd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg team.. did you don't think that pa4x had a lot of things to update. What is this update..are you kidding with us?
A lot of people here expecting new update with solved global locks like Korg pa3x and any older pa synth, fill to var. option... etc. (not to mention, just read what a people ask here)

bravo.. to you, after several upgrades you have a problem with boot.
sorry but I can't be polite. I wait for good updates two months, I'm not satisfied with your work and hard on the us with your updates. This is my opinion and pls. I do not need the opinion of karmatha...
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgmkd wrote:
..... I do not need the opinion of karmatha...

Troll!

iOpus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Troll!

Your post also does not solve our problems that specified korgmkd
I think and I understand korgmkd, karma.. all the time mitigate our complaints.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgmkd wrote:
A lot of people here expecting new update with solved global locks like Korg pa3x and any older pa synth, fill to var. option... etc. (not to mention, just read what a people ask here)

Pa4X is not Pa3X. Many features were redesigned, and are now working in a different way. Please understand that, while some older features might reappear in a future OS version, it is not granted they will reappear.

Paolo
konio124

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Paolo@Korg Do you have any information when it is released os 1.1.3 for Pa4x MUSIKANT?
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:
korgmkd wrote:

Pa4X is not Pa3X. Many features were redesigned, and are now working in a different way. Please understand that, while some older features might reappear in a future OS version, it is not granted they will reappear.

Paolo

Ciao Paolo,

an old and famous Dutch eintertainer once remarked that " all that is progress is not always an improvement "

As you may know ( or not) I got the PA4X in November and sent it back for several reasons. I will give it another go this month but could you try and explain WHY Korg decided to do away with the existing structure and terminology of Performances ? Not to speak of all those aspects mentioned here by others. Also the terminology Keyboard Set and Keyboard Set Library are very confusing. Having used Korg arrangers since 2000 I saw nothing wrong with the basic OS structure as it was.
Imho KOrg should definitely try to incorporate some "old "and trusted values, be it knobs, links, displays or whatever from the PA existing models. By comparison :
Yamaha declined updating its LCD screen to a touchscreen just to keep their old and trusted clientele satisfied. Most of those playing a Tyros still swear by the fact that their LCD screen is better or superior to a touchscreen....

cari saluti
John Smies
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still considering the PA4X

Unfortunately the main thing holding me back right now is the cost here in Oz.

I have a very trusted colleague (a member on these forums) who has now moved from PA2XPro to PA4X-76 and he is "over the moon" and cannot speak more highly of it and I very much value his opinion.

Vex (one of our trusted and more "technical" users) has come up with many issues and reported them here - for which I am certainly grateful (thanks Vex).

So bottom line for me is that I very much accept and am glad that it is NOT a PA3X - if it was so much the same then I wouldn't even be considering an upgrade (because it wouldn't be an upgrade as such for the cost - would be an absolute waste of money).
I love my PA3X but am quite excited about the changes in the PA4X. I will evaluate whether there are any changes which are show-stoppers but I am now doubting that will be the case.

Anyhow I am hoping to actually play one (61) this week - am taking my own headphones so I have a good comparison with my PA3X.

I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Performances and STSs ended up being very similar structures. They may well become identical in a future software release. Having two different names for the same thing (a set of Sounds to be played on the keyboard) was probably more confusing. Now, you can select Keyboard Sets from two places, depending on what you prefer: a generic library, or the four buttons under the display, hosting sets fine-tuned for the current Style or Song.

"Performance" was no longer a meaningful name, with many of its features quietly moved to the SongBook. "Single Touch Settings" was simply too hard to remember. "Keyboard Sets" are a more direct reference to the keyboard, and should be a more meaningful name than the older ones. Older users may have to learn a new name and forget two older names, but new users will have an easier time learning how to use the instrument.

Many of the innovations in Pa4X go in the direction of making it easier to use. Yes, you might be disconcerted to discover the Write Global commands are no longer them, but probably life will become easier if the onboard computer does the same things for you.

Paolo
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Paolo for your reply.

For the time being I will delay expressing any further views until I have had the PA4X for a few weeks again. One thing though I can say in relation to your reply. To me, and many others, STS settings are totally different from a Performance., so here I beg to disagree. As a matter of fact a Performance is/was a complete keyboard registration that did not have to be entered in a songbook.....
Once again, grazie per la tua pronta risposta
Smile

John
400nvd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my PA4x from November. I'm not a pro player, but I use the PA4 in a rock band and stand alone. The longer I work with it the more I appreciate the logical changes made in the user interface. The huge extra user keyboard set dictionary, and the direct access approach are more then welcome to me and others.
Once I let go my PA3x automated thinking I could see clearly the advantage of the PA4x UI. But it need some time investment.

Despite some initial bugs, and the long wait for the songbook editor, i'm happy the PA4.
As with all new software and changes , it needs hands on practice before acceptance will come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: