Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you map Gadget across multiple MIDI chans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundwrecker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Can you map Gadget across multiple MIDI chans? Reply with quote

I want to:
1.) Connect my electribe2 to my iPad via MIDI, with audio out of the iPad into the external input on the electribe.
2.) Then map multiple synths in Gadget to multiple MIDI channels from the electribe (like 12 - 16, top right 4 pads).
3.) Send MIDI to Gadget from the e2. The e2 will output midi on channels 12 - 16 in this example.
4.) Gadget then executes the midi on 4 internal synths. Audio is sent out of the iPad and into the e2's audio input, mixing into the other electribe channels. (individual mix done on iPad)

So that's it. I'd end up with an electribe that has 4x Gadget synths at the ready. I think this would be bad-ass.

Has anyone done it?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is fixed on midi channel 1. It would be nice to have a channel per track setting.
Steinberger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Gadget only receives MIDI to the active gadget (yellow button on mixer or the opened gadget). Doesn't matter what channel it will receive on all of them.
soundwrecker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
Everything is fixed on midi channel 1. It would be nice to have a channel per track setting.

Oh man, this is unfortunate. I hope they change this in the future. It doesn't seem like a limitation that involves CPU speed or even anything particularly difficult. Paired with an electribe an iPad + Gadget could be a force to be reckoned with.

I guess I'm going to have to go with my MS Surface Pro 2, ableton live and some synths from Native instruments instead.
Munibeast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:

If it only received on channel 1 at least one could route a controller through something like midiflow or ChordPolypad before Gadget but unfortunately Gadget is receiving on all channels with no way to disable any source. If anyone knows a fix for this I'm all ears!

Gadget really needs some better midi configuration possibilities. It shouldn't be so hard to do.
Hankastral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are implementing multiple midi channel support in the next update (only a few weeks away) when they launch their new bluetooth nano controllers. check out the official 2.0 update video. Towards the end different channels are muted from the hardware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: