Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Are You Running Out Of Memory?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Why Are You Running Out Of Memory? Reply with quote

I've had my K2 for about six months. I visit our Korg forum often. I've been reading posts about installing 2nd drives and replacing the stock one for a much larger SSD. Is this needed because some of you have a massive collection of purchased libraries? Do you have tons of sequenced songs? Why the need for more storage? Thanks
ahutnick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy some libraries and do a fair amount of audio recording the SSD can get nearly full pretty quickly.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think it's mainly if you do a lot of audio recording. The K2 comes with 60GB of which... 20(?) is full or something like that I think. You'd have to load a LOT of custom samples and commercial libraries to fill up the remaining space.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I kind of figured that was the case. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. BTW, is there somewhere in GLOBAL that displays the amount of memory remaining?
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's under the Disk function. Tab called Media Info, displays the stats for what ever drive is selected for file actions.

Chris
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
It's under the Disk function. Tab called Media Info, displays the stats for what ever drive is selected for file actions.

Chris

Thanks..I"ll check it out.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SSD is nearly full because of all of the audio recording I have done. I have had a very difficult time clearing out audio files to open up more space on my drive.
I've beleted whole songs but for some reason whenever I want to save new ideas I see a message, " medium is full".
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
rickster1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "audio recording" are you referring to sng files (midi) or recordings done on audio tracks, which I assume take up more space than midi songs?
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actual audio. Vocals for example. Real guitars, electric and acoustic plus real electric bass. I don't use midi for these instruments since I play them. Audi takes up much more space than midi.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good example of what I liked to do by using the Kronos sequencer and audio recording capabilities. I did this about 3 years ago. The keyboard sounds are all internal Kronos sounds. The drums are Kronos drum sounds using the Kronos Drumtracks. Everything else was recorded in real time into the kronos through the audio inputs in the back. It took a while to figure out how to get it all to work. I use a condenser microphone through a mic tube pre-amp and then into the Kronos. The electric guitars are first processed through a guitar pedal to get that "rock sound". The electric bass is recorded directly into the Kronos but I used one of the on board amp models in the Kronos.
The Kronos is a recording studio!

Hope you like it!

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/01-shoot-for-the-moon-3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: