Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transpose lock??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Transpose lock?? Reply with quote

Hi,

How can I lock the keyboard set library not to reset my transpose setting?
In PA3X there was a lock function.

Regards,
Dimitris
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is Master Transpose Lock under Global.
Hold Shift and touch one of the Transpose buttons to access the Transpose Menu for when you want it to change.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work under this situation! It locks everything!! For example it bypassing also Songbook's song transposing...!!!
I want only keyboard set (performance) transpose lock!!!
Vex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm saying for a while that additional lock options in Global is a MUST, but there is minor customer/users interest generally in all this issues with new Pa4x flagship.
I know from my environment that there are many KORG users who would say something about problems and wishlist for present and future arranger models,but they don't know english language ,which is another fail- some for Korg- for not knowing real situation on the field- some for uneducated people who speak only their domestic language.

If community is generally satisfied, KORG will do NOTHING about it. And all this is generally devastating.

In some countries arranger keyboards are irrelevant instruments. Full band is let say "a classic setup" : Drums,bass ,guitar etc... BUT in some countries,like mine, arranger keyboards take a big roll in live gigs and performances ,and if is so, these arranger keyboards are real replacement for whole band, there are a lot one or two man bands with arranger keyboards only, and we do not play with factory resources... In Serbia ,to say precisely , global sound depends from RAM samples and effects, factory resources are not used that much- what are the reasons for that-that is some other story-but this is the reality here. And let say KORG arranger keyboards take here roughly 80% of all performing brands. So, arranger keyboards must be good built,software stable,and operational as good as technology allows.

Conclusion : Support from Korg and listening from their customers/users should be their priority - for the present, but mostly for the future.

Cheers.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex you are absolutely right!
Here in Greece and generally in Balkans and Turkey the instrument's RAM is veeeery important!!!
Also, KORG arrangers are in use by most musicians here!
Regarding the issue in this topic I think that KORG must add the master transpose lock from 1.keyboard set and 2. from styles.

Regards,
Dimitris
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
Quote:
... , global sound depends from RAM samples and effects, factory resources are not used that much- what are the reasons for that-that is some other story-but this is the reality here..... So, arranger keyboards must be good built,software stable,and operational as good as technology allows.
+1
I am not from Serbia but agree 100% with you.
I don't own yet the Pa4X but I am following this forum everyday and waiting for these problems to be fixed before placing the order. I have two others professional keyboard players friends (here in USA) who want to buy the Pa4X and since they are not here in the forum they are consulting me if it's worth it to buy, because they know I am reading and following up everyday the Korg Pa4x review's and feedback's.
iOpus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What to say.
Maybe We need to draw (because writing is not enough) that they have made a mistake and Master lock is something another, that doesn't solve our problem.
The development team has not hearing about us and we somehow (easier than they) will pass this prbl. But their problem will be numbers of sold keyboards Pa4x. The hard part will be theirs. Many of my colleges will stay on PA3X, Pa900 etc..

p.s.
Watch now for user karma... enlighten me with his thoughts that I'm (or We) not in right. Pls. if can, without your wisdom and leave as to write for nothing.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
What to say.
Maybe We need to draw (because writing is not enough) that they have made a mistake and Master lock is something another, that doesn't solve our problem.
The development team has not hearing about us and we somehow (easier than they) will pass this prbl. But their problem will be numbers of sold keyboards Pa4x. The hard part will be theirs. Many of my colleges will stay on PA3X, Pa900 etc..

The solution would be maybe a "RECALL" from Korg company. It happens sometimes with cars companies.
Just saying...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: