Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microstation output issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morkys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Microstation output issues. Reply with quote

I have my microSTATION connected to my M-Audio Keystation 88 via midi and the Korg connected to my stereo using the rear outputs.

The left/mono channel of my Korg microSTATION seems faulty. Upon powering up, it gives lot's of hiss and distortion. This noise mostly subsides but I still suspect there is some distortion, and it seems lower volume than the Right output. It seems that the headphone output has the same issue.

There is a slight possibility I may have shorted something out with bad cables. I've replaced the cables. I don't mind using a Y-connector on the Right output, but, is there anything I should look into to see what is wrong with the "left" channel? Also, is there anything I should do to make sure I don't miss any output, as in, will there be any time when sounds will go to the left and not the right?
..::RAYGUN::..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. The sound would suddenly become very noisy and cancel out on one of the stereo left or right channels with the same problem in the headphone jack. I thought maybe there was a loose connection on the audio output board so I opened it up and found nothing wrong. I did notice a big round steel (magnet looking) ring holding a few wire bundles together that seemed to fall onto the circuit board below it. So I taped all the wires etc. away from touching the board, dusted out the inside (ghost in the machine) and it is working fine now without any noise problems. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: