Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using Yamaha pedals for years. I have a couple of older ones that use metal contacts, so more reliable.

With the Yamaha pedal, closed is no sustain, and open is sustain. So, if there is any connection problem, the Kronos may see it as sustain on.

With the Korg version, open is no sustain and closed is sustain. A bad connection here just means no sustain.

So using the Yamaha or normally closed version pedal, it is more critical that your connections are good. Bad cables, loose 1/4" connections, and of course the switch in the pedal which in most cases for newer pedals are rubber contacts that wear out. As they wear out they mis-fire and the on resistance increases.

I did try the "compare" button while holding the sustain on and it DOES kill all notes. So stuck note, touch the compare button. Of course if your pedal is bad, that problem will still be there.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I did try the compare button and it did stop the sounding of the notes. But this problem is a little more bizarre - follow this:

If I am playing a chord - say Fmaj7 - FACE, when this happens, I can pull the pedal, switch programs etc... I can even play other notes of the keyboard and the sustain pedal will work with those other notes, but not the ones that were sustaining when the problem occurred.

So in other words, the sustain pedal is working for all the notes other than the ones that are sticking.

So when I change patches - the notes that are sustaining STOP, but then when I play another sound, the same notes sustain, even though the sustain pedal works on other notes.

I'm having a difficult time repeating this by pulling the pedal out. In any case, once I have a repeatable situation, I will send to Korg. Thanks
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Going to global settings is a single button push.

Global changing polarity doesn't work. You need to do what I said - Change to Korg polarity, then press the Yamaha pedal, then pull out the pedal and put it back in. Then change the polarity back to Yamaha.

In any case, I DO have a new pedal, a Korg pedal so I will follow this closely. I'm sure it's a bad pedal - which I have thrown away, but all I am posting is that it _may_ happen to some people and there is no quick way to stop it, but my MIDI file (if it auto loaded) is a simple way - just press start/stop button and it's fixed. The problem is a little more complex than I originally posted check out the other post. Anyway, thanks for the help.
chini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Note trigger for song/sequencer Reply with quote

If Korg could add the same note triggering functionality to the sequencer as is currently available in the drum track it would enable sequences to be used as successive sections of a song within the setlist.

Assigning a footswitch to start the sequencer is fine at the beginning of a song but not if you wish to trigger a sequence, eg the chorus after a verse. Would makes much more sense to trigger the sequence to start with the first key strike as one can with the drum track. The drum track is great like this but what if you want a meandering bass line too and any other sounds that would be physically impossible to play simultaneously half way through a song...?

I have looked at RPPR but it appears that one can not run over the assigned note without retrigering the midi pattern no matter what RPPR mode one uses in the RPPR set up page.

To save confusion here: I use the word sequence to refer to a Kronos "song" and the word song to refer to a conventional song played live on stage.

Surley this would be an easy thing to add!....?

(As an after thought- I wonder if Karma can be used to trigger the sequencer!.....?)

Always be true to yourself

Last edited by chini on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Note trigger for song/sequencer Reply with quote

chini wrote:
If Korg could add the same note triggering functionality to the sequencer as is currently available in the drum track it would enable sequences to be used as successive sections of a song within the setlist.

Assigning a footswitch to start the sequencer is fine at the beginning of a song but not if you wish to mix in a sequence half way through one.

To save confusion here: I use the word sequence to refer to a Kronos "song" and the word song to refer to a conventional song played live on stage.

Have you tried RPPR?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
chini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Note trigger for song/sequencer Reply with quote

Hi Dan!

Yes! ...actually just updated my post referring to the limitations of using RPPR!

danatkorg wrote:
chini wrote:

Assigning a footswitch to start the sequencer is fine at the beginning of a song but not if you wish to mix in a sequence half way through one.

Have you tried RPPR?

chini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: RPPR - Limited functionality for the live player Reply with quote

The problem with using RPPR in a live situation is that when one triggers a bass line for instance with the bottom note of a chord the moment you hit the same chord again the midi sequence triggered by the assigned RPPR note is re-trigered!.. Again like the sequencer the RPPR function misses the drum track trick where the drum track happily continues playing ignoring any further note triggering.

For the live player triggering the sequencer to start/stop and indeed being able to trigger RPPRs within physically played chords without incurring re-trigering would be a great thing to have access to and make live song performance arrangement for the solo player a lot easier to manage!

chris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custom arpeggiator with possibility to draw your own arpeggios on a grid matrix like the dual polyphonic arpeggiator on the Korg Triton.

Portamento in Polysix Ex

More flexibility for the scenes : possibility to control sounds from the scenes
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original PolySix didn't have portamento either. While the Kronos does improve on the original in some places, that seems to be too much of a "style break" to happen. I'd like it too, though, especially if they were to recreate a fixed voice true polyphonic portamento.
chini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Straight arpeggiator would be very handy! Reply with quote

chris wrote:
Custom arpeggiator with possibility to draw your own arpeggios on a grid matrix like the dual polyphonic arpeggiator on the Korg Triton.

Absolutely!

As incredible as KARMA is it is not really designed to be a straight arpeggiator creator especially if one wants to create specific custom note sequences on the fly.

If you want to create a specific bass line for example it can be frustrating to fiddle with the KARMA sliders to get a note order/feel that works. You have to dive into the KARMA software, create your specific note order then load it back into the Kronos: KARMA is great for throwing inspiring arpeggiated ideas at you but frustrating for creating specific arpeggiated melodies on the fly.

chini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: POLYSIX portamento absolutely! Reply with quote

Its such a fantastically thick sounding synth that when used for soaring leads it's such a shame that the POLYSIX EX does not have the glide functionality!

nugghead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: wish list Reply with quote

What the kronos really needs is ability to use screen as modulator as on M3,also ability to detune 2nd/3rd etc waves in osc screen,and also to be able to use wave seq as pcm sources in string &mod7 synths
CEB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need more assignable pedal I/O.

One more assignable switch (decrement setlist patch incase you accidently increment one too many).

Need an assignable pedal for mod or pitch or etc.... while the other is assigned to volume.
LexCan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a "visual cue track" in the sequencer?

We have a sequencer, we have a screen with customizable text - it would be cool to be able to connect the two.

For instance - playing along live with sequenced tracks, it would be great to get text prompts while on the set list screen, set as custom events within a song. Example:

"Key change in 4"
"3"
"2"
"1"

I don't like using charts on stage. For tunes that I don't play regularly and/or with unusual arrangements, little custom prompts like that would be enough.

Think of how useful the leslie speed indicator is on the set list screen. This is an extension of that concept.
wma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be based on an intel nuc w/ m.2 storage drive or some alternative - not mini-itx which will impacts on the internal psu used to power the motherboard - nuc needs a smaller one ... that the instrument would be much more portable specially in depth & height rather than its weight. also reduce unnecessary enclosure gaps & empty spaces - use some more modern non-cheap chips/electronics which eliminates the need for some internal hardware

a wide format touch screen - let them two instead of one Smile

a 76 synth-action/semi-weighted key version

ability to host vst instruments inside the instruments & ability to import sfz sample files

user built integrated apps and user custom interfaces something like you make a virtual instrument and script it with an intgrated api then call it - the app you made and use it as a feature you made yourself

Last edited by wma on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 45 of 50

Jump to: