Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa 4x after the Pa 3x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
losackmd2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa 4x after the Pa 3x Reply with quote

thanks for allowing me to ask questions here. I appreciate this & thank you all.

for a few years without editing or modifying the PA3x i have enjoyed it out of the box and would like to retain lets say a dozen styles from the PA3x once i purchase the 4X which is just a matter of time. ( would like the bugs fixed first)

Please excuse my ignorance here: i.e how to save data to external hd, edit data etc

but those who own the PA4x is there a way for me to keep those loved PA3x styles or even performances ( though i assume the sounds that form the style might not be in the same location when a 3x upgrades to 4x ) or are they gone once i sell the 3x for the 4x?
Let me rephrase this: is there something i need to learn to do with my favorite styles in the Pa3x to have them play as is in the 4x?
is this doable?
or are they incompatible and am i at risk at losing the styles i love like rock ballad 2, power rock etc
or easy pop 2 easy beat 2 ..... in my upcoming trade and purchase?

ill go ahead and take a further gamble here:
can these Pa3x styles be converted into midi data/ saved and reloaded into the pa4x and sound as close as it can once the appropriate sounds are repositioned, drums bass etc

i hope I've made myself clear

again
thank you for your time
i can't wait to own the 4x

glosack
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi glosack

The short answer to your question is YES, you should be fine to play all your old styles.
Now, I must point out that I don't yet own a PA4X but on my PA3X, I play all my favourite and special styles from my PA2XPro, my PA1XPro, my i30 and my i3

Korg have done a great job in maintaining compatibility and the ability to load and play styles from older models.

I believe that you will be fine however, you may have to change some sounds if they are mapped in the banks differently.

You need to save all your PA3X styles (including factory STYLES) and then you will be able to select and load the ones you love.

Hope this helps

I intend saving all my PA3X styles so I will be happy to help you when the time comes...

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
losackmd2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: thank you so much Peter Reply with quote

i will take you up on that help when needed for sure
and its great knowing you're there

btw, since i have you maybe just one question:

to make a back up of the whole innards as it breathes what are the steps?
and once this is done, saved to an external flash USB will i have all the styles as well as the performances at my access when needed
OR
must i go in and individually save each style i want on an external drive

thanks again GLENN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: