Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect what I was pointing out was that no other users have come forward with the problem you have. There are a number of Pa4x owners present on this forum and a even greater number who use the Pa Series of arrangers over considerable time and again none of them have mentioned this problem. As regards being fair with Korg not posting videos thats entirely up to you but in order for fellow Pa4x users and owners to understand fully your problem those videos might have just help you and maybe even Korg as the old saying goes 2 heads are better than 1, in this case many heads !

While I might be new to Pa territory I am not new to using Hi tech Keyboards and as a manufacturer Korg need as much feedback from realworld users to make forwards progress which is where we all fit in.

Maybe your unit is just faulty ? the fact that I could not reproduce this latency issue guided by your instructions is curios is it not ? hence why the board might be faulty and by your own admission you are a seasoned and experienced Pa user.

If your unit is being returned for a refund has your dealer observed this problem or can it be replicated with their demo product ? The other point being that if your obtaining a refund a returning the product Korg might not get back to you so no one will be wiser.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be your sensitivity with how much fun you where having could show a little more polish in this setting ...there endeth the lesson.....over and out.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inappropriate remark removed by author. I need my 1st cup of coffee in the morning before I can think straight. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar

Last edited by Thoraldus on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but that thought has no bearing on me what's so ever,
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence taken there we musicians are a passionate breed and I know how we are also passionate about how we make and reproduce it, I'll also go have a coffee with you ,all the best....

Last edited by D575 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575,

While I think this issue can be better handled by my colleagues in UK, I admit I'm curious to see the video and read the opinions of the other members of the forum. At this point, I've yet to start understanding the problems myself.

Paolo
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lesson might that be ? Looks like I have missed something here or not, Polish ?

Anyway back on topic I spoke to my dealer today who has sold a number of Pa4xs and not one has reported any latency issues as our friend has. This doesnt mean he has not had this issue just that a large number of buyers along with users here have as yet not seen this problem and I have not been able to reproduce it either. Indeed to wind up with a pa4x that may be faulty is a huge dissapointment without question but I am with Paolo on this that it would be interesting to see the videos you have.

You never actually did say if your dealer had witnessed this problem but if the retailer is refunding I am guessing the fault has been proven ?

At least your in a position to make a informed next choice as to IF you buy another.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paolo, i have spoken to korg UK tec today and we are at slight odds there, But my dealer as other are confirming there are issue with the transpose which is making things complex in the usual way i use presets , after a long talk with my dealer this after noon we have agreed to wait for the update which I'm lead to believe is coming soon he feels this may iron out A: transpose problems B: my problem,and as he gave me a comprehensive explanation in layman's term how updates can smooth out other issues as well, as I am a reasonably person I will hang on for this update as not much can happen without new stock being available and have been assured I'll be looked after one way or another, but from a players point of view something is different from my pa3x which was great , I have tried my best to describe this all ready so I'll not go over all this again as it is already here to read, I have to say my new dealer has been very good and his assurances have been received well by me ....

Last edited by D575 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mintjamman you sound familiar to me have we met before ? I'm a bold man with a deep voice from Poole Dorset ?? ....
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Mintjamman you sound familiar to me have we met before ? I'm a bold man with a deep voice from Poole Dorset ?? ....

If you two folks are close you might want to get a meeting going where one of you could show the other how their machine works, or doesn't Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bold Man ? Deep Voice ? Doesnt ring a bell with me but I did know a man from Dorset who had green hair and rode a ginger bike ?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo iv made a better video tonight with less happening and to be far with less cutter than the one I sent korg UK today this one is much easier to listen to what I'm try to describe , iv just sent this 2nd one this evening to korg UK again and I can also forward this to you if you would like to look at it ,if you have seen the one I sent today to korg UK then this new one is much better to comprehend, in this 2nd video I play the same run of notes then make 2 preset, one with transpose set at 0 and the other set at -1 as I switched between the preset tabs on the screen back and forth you can here a note going missing as it changes if I carry on doing the same process playing the same run of notes but this time change the transposition on the front panel with the plastic transpose buttons you can here no loss of notes hope this helps to explain my 1st issue, could I have you email to send it to you .....
robkeith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Paolo iv made a better video tonight with less happening and to be far with less cutter than the one I sent korg UK today this one is much easier to listen to what I'm try to describe , iv just sent this 2nd one this evening to korg UK again and I can also forward this to you if you would like to look at it ,if you have seen the one I sent today to korg UK then this new one is much better to comprehend, in this 2nd video I play the same run of notes then make 2 preset, one with transpose set at 0 and the other set at -1 as I switched between the preset tabs on the screen back and forth you can here a note going missing as it changes if I carry on doing the same process playing the same run of notes but this time change the transposition on the front panel with the plastic transpose buttons you can here no loss of notes hope this helps to explain my 1st issue, could I have you email to send it to you .....

Hi I think we would all like to see it, in case it's a sleeper!
please post link here in this thread
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
Bold Man ? Deep Voice ? Doesnt ring a bell with me but I did know a man from Dorset who had green hair and rode a ginger bike ?

Just for a bit of fun in here:

There was a young man from Dorset
Who was known to wear a tight corset
"I 'ate these things,
just pull on the strings"
I said "alright mate, I won't force it."

It's okay, I'll get me coat.Smile
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always important that a bit of fun goes hand in hand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: