Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moss vs 9 engines
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aziz1008 wrote:
Have tried exploring filters but couldn't make filter 2 of the same instance of AL-1 work in parallel with filter 1. It is active only in sequental mode and had no effect in parallel. Do I miss something in my setup?

Have you read the section of the manuals titled "Interaction between the filters and the mixer?"
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, regretfully. I just used Kronos context help. Will look for this in the manual, thank you!
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561

Last edited by Aziz1008 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Interaction between the filters and the mixer?" Reply with quote

Interaction between the filters and the mixer?"
any idea which section of the manual it in please?
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have tried using two instances of Mod-7 with two bandpass filters each. Still not resembles formant filters and human voice. (. Have chained up to 3 Talking modulator effects - it is close to that "analog" Moss timbre, but not as precise and controllable.
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aziz1008 wrote:
Have tried using two instances of Mod-7 with two bandpass filters each. Still not resembles formant filters and human voice.

If it works for you on MOSS, then it should work here.

Anyhow, have fun experimenting.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Interaction between the filters and the mixer?" Reply with quote

lotty1 wrote:
Interaction between the filters and the mixer?"
any idea which section of the manual it in please?

If you're looking at the AL-1 filter section in the parameter guide, you'll find it.
Also, PDF search is your friend! Try it.
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was searching hard, but couldn't find any Mixer page where Balance parameter is present, mentioned in "Interaction between the filters and the mixer".. Sad There's only AMS mixer tab clearly visible.. So I don't know what to do.. Very unfriendly help system..( No hypelinks on key words like Mixer.. Please help someone who knows where it is hidden..

Last edited by Aziz1008 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found it.. Mixer page is not located anywhere near filter page, on one engine it is at OSC page, other - String page.. Thank you Korg and sorry) A bit tired after non-musical work.. So my "searching hard" was not very hard at all(

Last edited by Aziz1008 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
danatkorg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aziz1008 wrote:
I was searching hard, but couldn't find any Mixer page where is Balance parameter present, mentioned in "Interaction between the filters and the mixer".. Sad There's only AMS mixer tab clearly visible.. So I don't know what to do.. Very unfriendly help system..( No hypelinks on key words like Mixer.. Please help someone who knows where it is hidden..

Hmmm. All cross-references are hyperlinked. I use plenty of help systems, and offhand I don't remember one which includes built-in glossary entries.

Nonetheless, as you already read, the controls are on the Mixer page. If you search for a Mixer page in the AL-1, I imagine you'll be able to find it pretty quickly.
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dan. We posted simultaneously. I've written above my excuses)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: