Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Control of Backing Instruments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Control of Backing Instruments Reply with quote

I was wondering about the backing instruments in the Pax4,

Lets say that I wanted to use a style like one of the rock or country styles that has a guitar strums or guitar parts as part of the style.

I will be working in a Duo situation with a Guitar Player, can the instruments like the guitars that make up a style be muted leaving you with say bass, drums and other instruments and then saved as a user style ?

Working solo you might need more elaborate backing but if you were working with other instruments and wanted to use the Pax4 as your backing band it would be very desirable to be able to mute sections and save them as your own styles. As I dont as yet have a Pa4x this would be a important feature for the way I work live.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Control of Backing Instruments Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
I was wondering about the backing instruments in the Pax4,

Lets say that I wanted to use a style like one of the rock or country styles that has a guitar strums or guitar parts as part of the style.

I will be working in a Duo situation with a Guitar Player, can the instruments like the guitars that make up a style be muted leaving you with say bass, drums and other instruments and then saved as a user style ?

Working solo you might need more elaborate backing but if you were working with other instruments and wanted to use the Pax4 as your backing band it would be very desirable to be able to mute sections and save them as your own styles. As I dont as yet have a Pa4x this would be a important feature for the way I work live.

Yes you can, but rather than save a new style you should save it to a Songbook entry. Much more efficient. Then your Songbook entries can be made into a Set List for quick access.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thoraldus very helpful Smile
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Features Reply with quote

Going on from the earlier question about muting the accompaniment track having downloaded the manual is it the case that you have volumes for Bass - Drums- Accomp plus the rest U1,U2,U3 by muting the Accomp track does this mute all backing instruments that make up the accomp track or can you decided which instruments are muted ?

What I am getting at is being able to have Drums, Bass and being able to silence Guitar strums etc while leaving maybe a organ or whatever sounding ?

Also if one where to use the Pax4 for general band duties can you forget the auto arranger functions and then have the facility to layer, split one or more sounds across the keyboard

Thanks
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x Features Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
Going on from the earlier question about muting the accompaniment track having downloaded the manual is it the case that you have volumes for Bass - Drums- Accomp plus the rest U1,U2,U3 by muting the Accomp track does this mute all backing instruments that make up the accomp track or can you decided which instruments are muted ?

You can mute or adjust the volume of each ACC track individually - with the physical sliders too

What I am getting at is being able to have Drums, Bass and being able to silence Guitar strums etc while leaving maybe a organ or whatever sounding ?

Yes you can

Also if one where to use the Pax4 for general band duties can you forget the auto arranger functions and then have the facility to layer, split one or more sounds across the keyboard

Yes you can

Thanks

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Thoraldus, reading the manual seemed to suggest that it was a global accompaniment volume control as opposed to individual selection the latter which is far more performance orientated.

Green for Loud and Clear !

Thanks
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
Thanks again Thoraldus, reading the manual seemed to suggest that it was a global accompaniment volume control as opposed to individual selection the latter which is far more performance orientated.

Green for Loud and Clear !

Thanks

Here you go ... The green arrow points to the slider mode control button, press it until the lower led lights up at the blue arrow. The red arrow points to the ACC vol section.

Johann Sebastian Bach

mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus, thats great thanks for posting that, a picture speaks a thousand words
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: