Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 Audio Output Problem???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompson_m50

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: M50 Audio Output Problem??? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,, I have been a silent reader of this forum for the past few months and this forums did really help me to decide to buy M50. and sure its worth all the bucks I paid for it. Previously I was an arranger type of playing guy so it was really difficult to miss out those live advantages. But latter while playing with RPPR,arps,combis and drum tracks I do bring a lot live playying which seems much better and usefull than arrangers.

now here is my problem,

Its been 4 months since I bought this keyboard and recently I have noticed a problem that, sometime while playing the output becomes mono.
Even If I plug in the headphone also I am getting just one channel only.
And again after or while playing the keyboard or after switching it off its becomes stereo. This has happend more than 4 time till now.

Have any off you guys had this problem.? Is it a hardware or software problem?

And I am not sure how I can explain this to the service center as this problem seems to absent when I bring it to there.
aaronpico

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird, because I just sat down to gather my warranty info, because the left channel of my M50 would , on an intermittent basis get static'y and start to cut out. I went through an extensive process of ellimination of other possibilities, but it's the M50.
And it's gotten progressively worse, to the point of deciding to send it in for repair. I'm going to have to hobble through our new years eve gig, first, the send it in at the beginning of the year.

Like you, I've had mine for 4-5 months.

I'm bummed.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try a different set of 1/4" plugs. I had that problem with my M3 and it was the cables I was using.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
aaronpico

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happening in the headphone output, too. I tried different cables etc. already.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops, sorry. My post was for the OP. Sounds like yours is hardware problem. I'd take advantage of your warranty.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
nanodocl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to reopen an old post.
Did you fix the output signal problem?

Question
Kurt Gepke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now having this identical problem with my M50-73. Same as the OP. NO audio on the left channel and the problem exists with headphones as well. This tells me it's happening BEFORE it gets to the jacks since they are a bridged connection (parallel).

I have an M50-61 that is (so far) trouble free. It's a perplexing problem because it's intermittent.
Going to go to the service dept. at Guitar Center this morning to see if they've dealt with this before.

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!

KG
Bharath088

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Volume Fader Issue Reply with quote

I've had the same issue with my M50 (61keys) for the past year or so. A lot of Korg keyboards have short-lived volume faders. I've also seen this happen on the Trinity, Triton Studio and Karma.

Solution:
1. Take it to Korg and ask them to fix it.
2. Leave the the fader at maximum and use a volume pedal to control volume.
3. Open up the board. And either bypass the volume fader entirely, or try to replace it.(I did this. Please understand the risks of undertaking something like this. Take it to an experienced electronics person)

Hope this helps.
KeyBones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Output Problem Reply with quote

I finally fixed my intermittent output problems. I opened the M50 up and gently wiggled the components on the output board. Audio would go in and out (low volume and distorted to clean regular volume) as I wiggled the capacitors. I re-soldered the capacitors (very little additional solder) and the problem has been solved. Been working great for months now.
Petr_KorgPA1xPro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: need help No sound only from left Reply with quote

Hello I just got the M50 (private sell) and when i tested the M50 it sounded ok on a mono amp, when i connected my earphone at home i notice that the sound is kinda distorted and no sound on the left side. can some one point me in the right direction, i have some electronic experience and if its a capacitor issue i need to know which one it is. any help is much appreciated.
thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a case of opening up the M50 as the previous poster did and wiggle connectors and components until the sound is affected. If you have some electronics experience, it should be fairly easy to figure out which board to investigate.
Petr_KorgPA1xPro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all with your comments, i finally opened the M50 and looked around the sound board, i even disconnected couple of wire harnesses just to have a better look on the soldering and all seemed fine. I turned on the M50 while still opened and wiggled couple of capacitors and the sound restored immediately without any soldering. Its been a week and so far and no issues fingers crossed. I think eventually if the problem returns I will re-solder all capacitors to be safe.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could have been IDC (Insulation Displacement Connectors) reliability coming home to roost, rather than capacitors. I was never 100% comfortable with this connector method. The trouble is IDC is cheap and lends itself well to mass production methods.
Petr_KorgPA1xPro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now come to think of it, it could have been the IDC because that was the only thing that I disconnected. Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: