Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microstation and Triton Le compatibility.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georgio18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Microstation and Triton Le compatibility. Reply with quote

I have made some songs into my Triton le, but before two weeks I sold it and now I have the sm cards (smart media cards) which in fact are SNG files. So, now I am planning to purchase the Microstation, so my question is if the Microstation can read these SNG files. I have a transformer from iomega so actually I can put these SNG files into a SD card for the microstation, but my question is if the microstation eventually can read these files (from Triton LE)….as sequences

Thanks in Advance
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNG files are standard MIDI files. I believe this is true, even with the tritons. The microSTATION will read those files, although the sound assignment for each instrument track may be off, and you might want to check it out.

I did the same when moving sounds from my old M50 to the MS. Although I didn't had any SNG file, but patches and combis. I was able to replicate all the relevant sounds that I used on the M50, it just takes a bit of time a patience to reprogram certain patches.

If you also need to do that, let me know, and I can give you some guidance on where to start.

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Microstation reads and write SNG files however I myself cant tell if the SNG format from Korg is the same on all of its keyboard. If it could the sequencer the microstation has very editable press of a button the channels or the instrument assigned to them can change easily.

Coolest SNG I made on it is from Fela Kuti - Truth don't Die, That song has interesting brass and drum part.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mocando wrote:
SNG files are standard MIDI files. I believe this is true, even with the tritons. The microSTATION will read those files, although the sound assignment for each instrument track may be off, and you might want to check it out.

I did the same when moving sounds from my old M50 to the MS. Although I didn't had any SNG file, but patches and combis. I was able to replicate all the relevant sounds that I used on the M50, it just takes a bit of time a patience to reprogram certain patches.

If you also need to do that, let me know, and I can give you some guidance on where to start.

Hello Mocando nice work on that delay.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Georgio18

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mocando wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Initially, the quality of sound isn’t a concern for me because I only want to remind my ideas…so, if the Microstation can read these files as midi sequences then I will try to hear the melodies adding sounds into the tracks within the Microstation. And after that process I am planning to record from the beginning in my DAW each track separately using sounds from the Microstation.
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_SamDoogie wrote:
mocando wrote:

The credit goes to Dan Stesco. He is the true master, and it was indeed a product consultant for the development of the microSTATION. So he knows a few things about it Wink
In fact, one of the demo songs, is his. How cool is that?

Press Global/Media on the MS.
Press the down arrow to browse on "Command".
Press right arrow to find "Load All Demo".
Press two times the right arrow to confirm "Ok".

Now go to SEQ.
001 "SYNTHOLOGY" is Dan's song.

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mocando wrote:
Mr_SamDoogie wrote:
mocando wrote:

The credit goes to Dan Stesco. He is the true master, and it was indeed a product consultant for the development of the microSTATION. So he knows a few things about it Wink
In fact, one of the demo songs, is his. How cool is that?

Press Global/Media on the MS.
Press the down arrow to browse on "Command".
Press right arrow to find "Load All Demo".
Press two times the right arrow to confirm "Ok".

Now go to SEQ.
001 "SYNTHOLOGY" is Dan's song.

Thanks but I already knew Dan Tesco did a deal of the sound design and demo's Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: