Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Creator almost released! 50% off
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickeneps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Korg Creator almost released! 50% off Reply with quote

Hello, sorry for the advertising-related post, but I hope it's acceptable. I also apologize for the repeating of information I may have already posted.

Perhaps you've heard about the Creator products that are being "created" (ha) by Chicken Systems for various workstations, included the Korg Kronos/M3/Triton. For the Korg's it's called (obviously) Korg Creator.

(I will use the word "Korg" to mean the Kronos, M3/M50, and Triton workstations that have RAM or streaming capabilities to them.)

This is a Mac and Windows program that facilitates the creation of sample-based Korg Banks, forming Programs (even Combis) using the Multisamples and Samples with RAM/streaming of the Korg workstation series. The Korg's as you know have been lacking in management facilities and creation of sample-based Multisamples. With Korg Creator you can fully create, edit and manage your Korg Banks.

Our Creator series started with the Motif Creator program, released about two years ago. This has been very successful, and we designed it internally to adapt to other workstation formats such as the Korg workstations. For a product video of Motif Creator, see here:
http://www.chickensys.com/_videos/mtc_overview.mp4

Korg Creator looks almost identical to Motif Creator, except it has Korg-friendly text and aligns itself to the 2-8 Velocity Zones that Korg Programs work with, along with other Korg-specific things.

Not only that, Korg Creator includes the awesome Chicken Systems Conversion Engine, which enables you to simply drag and drop any instrument format (SoundFonts, Kontakt, EXS24, SFZ, over 60 other formats!) into a Kronos Document in Korg Creator and converts it directly to Kronos format. You can see immediately all the Combis, Programs, Multisamples, and Samples that are created.

Even better, Korg Creator includes our new Auto Sampler, which enables you to automatically sample software AND hardware instruments directly into a Kronos bank. Imagine taking an awesome Kontakt Instrument and funneling it straight into your Kronos! Wow.

A demonstration version of Korg Creator is available for you to check out:
http://www.chickensys.com/downloads2/korgcreator.html

Documentation is online here:
http://www.chickensys.com/support/software/korgcreator/documentation

Here's a pic of the packaging of the Creator series, which is just starting to come in:
http://www.chickensys.com/_images/products/creator_lit.png

Anyway, I'm posting the information that the release date is almost upon us: Monday, August 17th, 2015. As well, Korg Creator has been on sale during the entire pre-release/beta time (since June) for 50% off. The MSRP is $79.95, but the 50% off is only $39.98. We will hold this price in place through Monday and it will end Wednesday, August 19th, 2015.

Put simply, here's the difference between pre-release/beta and release:

Pre-release/Beta: We yell at YOU for any bugs/issues that exist.
    Release: You yell at US for any bugs/issues that exist.

So, to get in the 50% price, order before Wednesday August 19th. Here is the product page:
http://www.chickensys.com/korgcreator

For any questions, as I don't frequent this forum often, please email us at support@chickensys.com. You can post questions at this forum, and for a time I'll try to answer them, but for quicker response, please email.

Thanks for your time - long live the Kronos, M3, and Triton workstations!

Garth Hjelte
Chicken Systems, Inc.
Email: support@chickensys.com
Phone: 320-235-9798
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to advertise your wares, read the forum guidelines and petition Sharp for an "approved merchant" status. If you're marked as spam you will have a hard time gaining back lost ground.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
If you want to advertise your wares, read the forum guidelines and petition Sharp for an "approved merchant" status. If you're marked as spam you will have a hard time gaining back lost ground.

Sounds like a good advise to me, rules are rules..order is order.. And you dont want the Sharp man as your ennemie for not living up to our rules..

I think the product might be interesting, gonna check it out
buschmann

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds nice and I'm quite actually holding my credit card ready to buy. I even got to checkout but then a quite serious rash began developing. "SHIPPING IS MANDATORY". I have to pay $15.33 plus whatever taxes is included in Norway IN ADDITION to 40 bucks?! This is not advertised anywhere untill you are sitting there, ready to pay. Is this a joke?
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Creator almost released! 50% off Reply with quote

chickeneps wrote:

Put simply, here's the difference between pre-release/beta and release:

Pre-release/Beta: We yell at YOU for any bugs/issues that exist.
    Release: You yell at US for any bugs/issues that exist.

To be honest Garth, I bought the pre-release and loaded it up... but so many of the main features didn't work, I couldn't even start beta testing - sample playback was about all I could get out of it & most of the error boxes that kept popping up referred to the Motif.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Creator almost released! 50% off Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
To be honest Garth, I bought the pre-release and loaded it up... but so many of the main features didn't work, I couldn't even start beta testing - sample playback was about all I could get out of it & most of the error boxes that kept popping up referred to the Motif.

As has been my experience with Chicken Sys apps in the past. I stear clear of their stuff. I certainly wouldn't pay up front for a product that honestly may never work.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
ahutnick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motif Creator worked great for me while I had a Motif and Translator has paid for itself many times over with all of the sounds I have been able to convert using it. One can always try the demo first and if it does not work they can e-mail or call Garth and he does responds to e-mails as well as phone calls. FWIW translating sounds from one format to another can be tricky indeed for example a Kontakt sound with many layers to Kronos format sound which has 2 osc MAX. It is too bad that a Kronos program can only have 2 osc but nothing is perfect.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this works as advertised, it would indeed be a major asset to the Kronos community. I really hope it does, but as with all things, will reserve judgement.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahutnick wrote:
One can always try the demo first

Well, I did - and then hoped that the paid beta would have more features unlocked... It didn't, so I uninstalled it almost straight away Sad

SeedyLee wrote:
If this works as advertised, it would indeed be a major asset to the Kronos community. I really hope it does, but as with all things, will reserve judgement.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I guess I'll find out on Monday. The included auto sampling (not working on the beta) will be a great addition. I'm currently using 3 separate apps (Sample, edit & loop). If Creator can get it all done in one app, I'd be very happy.
vstkeys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really excited when I saw this post. So got to their website You Can't simply Buy it and download and modt importanly Get on with the Music!!
Instead they only ship/post the CD which will take a few weeks/days to arrive !!
I thought to myself ,, s**t aren't we in 2015 ????
The age of iTunes and other online purchases??

This company is giving themselves a big headache !! As I remember well when I first purchase cubase and started following their forums, every often i had a respectable laugh reading posts of people claiming to have just opened the box and the dongle just just eaten by a dog. Evil or Very Mad
Howver Its a very interesting idea product , but please bring it to the 21st century so that serious working musicians can immediately purchase it and get on it the Music!!!!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Garth,
Please see the forum rules.

Regards
Sharp.
media-igor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought yesterday. The program is very crude. Basically when load, it PCG file - produces an error.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, August has been and gone, so has the supposed release date for Korg Creator, and no news or updates from either Chicken Systems or Samplerzone.

Hmmm, I'm feeling very skeptical about this Rolling Eyes
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Korg Creator Reply with quote

Hi Garth
I seem to remember korg creator was going to be released over 12 months ago.
This is what annoys me when you get these messages !

Creator Release News - Aug 17, 2015

Instead of saying "tomorrow", we'll just ride with it and release the Creators as soon as we can. It definitely will be this week, hopefully earlier than later. We will attempt to update the beta versions that are up currently, perhaps only once.

It is now 4/9/15

Remember you trying to sell korg creator on this site and it still does not work correctly.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Creator Reply with quote

lotty1 wrote:

Instead of saying "tomorrow", we'll just ride with it and release the Creators as soon as we can. It definitely will be this week, hopefully earlier than later. We will attempt to update the beta versions that are up currently, perhaps only once.

It is now 4/9/15

Remember you trying to sell korg creator on this site and it still does not work correctly.

I've just received an email from Chicksys - Release date is now "definitely" September 11th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: