Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ever used your Kronos like this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Ever used your Kronos like this? Reply with quote

I know its not the average type of instrument use you might expect on a Kronos..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch-fwZrU3ic

But i am impessed, a real accordeon player, with basses.. it would even work better with some physical pads like push mapped to the pads..
JohnDonovan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive!
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL never happen, but VERY COOL!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an accordion player, I don't see why the pads (on-screen or otherwise) are very useful at all in this case. It gives you a limited amount of chords and bass notes that you could simply play on the keyboard with your left hand.
Synthee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Kronos accordion! Very Happy
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! I must try this over the weekend. Smile
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, speaking of accordions...

There are a couple songs I play in my band where I need an accordion. I have real accordions but there's no way I'm dragging one out to some of the dives we play. So here's a VERY abbreviated pictorial of my accordion keytar I built that I use to trigger my Kronos (or M50). NOBODY has ever questioned it. I'm in the process of building a couple more but a little differently. It's a blast to play since you still have to move the bellows in and out if you want people to believe you're really playing an accordion.

Picked this up on Craigslist (for free):

Ordered this from Amazon:

Used a saw:

Mounted some stuff:

Had a front metal panel and a custom decal made (it's for an '80s band):

Mounted the pitch bend, mod wheel, and sustain switch:

I've had sound guy's freak out when the see the accordion because anyone that's ever had to mic one knows how awful they can be.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
jbeliz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mchale- Thats a pretty cool mod for an accordion, so you just use a sampled accordion sound thru midi to your kronos or basic accordion sounds?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of respect for your workmanship there but honestly I don't see the point of playing something that only looks like an accordion. If it had real bellows functionality like the Roland FR ones I understand but as a plain midi keyboard I personally don't get the benefit.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbeliz wrote:
Mchale- Thats a pretty cool mod for an accordion, so you just use a sampled accordion sound thru midi to your kronos or basic accordion sounds?

Yep. I just use the stock Accordion sounds and use this as a keytar. I merely tweaked them a bit.

SanderXpander wrote:
Lots of respect for your workmanship there but honestly I don't see the point of playing something that only looks like an accordion. If it had real bellows functionality like the Roland FR ones I understand but as a plain midi keyboard I personally don't get the benefit.

It is nothing more than a keytar that looks like an accordion. I *ONLY* use it on songs I play accordion sounds. It gives the illusion that I'm playing a real accordion and allows me to roam the stage while playing. The illusion is for the audience and is a real hit. It's not like I use it at home!
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this accordion player was finishing his gig and asked the manager, "Is there someplace where I could lock this up until next year when I come back?" The manager said no, you'll have to take it with you. He and a friend went to eat breakfast and when they sat down, his friend said, "did you lock your car?!?". He ran out the door and a minute later came back in with his head down. "Too late!" He said. Someone put another accordion in there! Smile

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoelectro wrote:
So this accordion player was finishing his gig and asked the manager, "Is there someplace where I could lock this up until next year when I come back?" The manager said no, you'll have to take it with you. He and a friend went to eat breakfast and when they sat down, his friend said, "did you lock your car?!?". He ran out the door and a minute later came back in with his head down. "Too late!" He said. Someone put another accordion in there! Smile

Geo

LOL. It's amazing how those things reproduce. I have 5 now after having gotten rid of 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: