Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Z1 -How to save Multi Set from a PCMCIA card to synth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csnack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Korg Z1 -How to save Multi Set from a PCMCIA card to synth? Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I bought the Korg Z1 synth when it came out, like in '97 I think. This synth is the only hardware synth I own and it's the coolest I ever care to play and long ago I vowed never to part with it regardless of what I get. Anyway, back then I also bought the ZSC-01 Sound Collection card, which is a READ ONLY card, and I can’t figure out how to save Multi Sets from that PCMCIA card over into the synths own internal RAM - AND keep everything sounding like it did when I saved it. I mean, it will appear to save the Multi Set; it gives me the "Save" and "Are you sure" prompts and I make sure to change the save location from "CARD" to "Internal" - and everything seemingly goes fine and it does appear to save the Multi Set over to my specified location in the synth's internal RAM. But, when I go to play that sound it sounds nothing like it did when I initially saved it over. At the moment that I save it, it does sound like it should, but once I move a knob or do ANYTHING to change the sound suddenly everything about the preset sounds different. I noticed that the individual sounds in the Multi Set are not the same as when I had initially saved it, and instead those individual sounds have been replaced by different sounds that the synth chose. Because this preset that I'm trying to save is actually on a PCMCIA card and not from the synths internal RAM, I figured maybe the individual sounds in the Multi Set needed to be saved over from the card to the synth's internal RAM first, so I did that and saved all three of the sounds that make up that Multi Set over form the card to the synths internal RAM, then loaded each of the sounds into the new Multi Set preset I initially saved and STILL it doesn't sound the same. Perhaps there are some other parameter specifics that didn’t get saved over, I don’t know. Is there a way that I can just save everything from that PCMCIA card over to the synths internal RAM and have ALL of the sounds, parameters etc follow? Do I need a blank PCMCIA card to save to? I feel that that wouldn’t help either, as I would think that I should just be able to save over to the synths own internal RAM. How do I do this? Many thanks in advance guys. This synth, it's the coolest synth. I had the Nord Lead 2 at first back then and I returned it to get the Z1. That was a good decision.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: