Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Five New Free Acoustic Pianos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the memory requirements, they are as follows:

Albacore: 56MB Virtual; 1.3 GB RAM
Iowa: 24MB Virtual; 465MB RAM
Piano in 162: 124MB Virtual; 3.5GB RAM (if that were possible)
Salamander: 45MB Virtual; 1.2GB RAM
London: 2.5MB Virtual; 59MB RAM

The RAM requirements should be close to how much SSD space these will require.

Apex, I think if you listen to them closely through headphones you'll hear a lot of differences.

In comparison to the Korg pianos, the unison tuning is not as tight on most of these. You can judge that as a good or bad thing. Some people feel tight unison tuning is one reason digital pianos can sound sterile. Others can't stand to hear unison vibrations and expect everything to be very tight. With most of these pianos you can hear a fair amount (or a lot) of room ambience. The Korg pianos have more of a tight studio sound. The Korg pianos are near perfect. These pianos, not so much, more quirky but I think still very useful and might fit certainly peoples' needs.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Charlievv

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Loading Patches Reply with quote

I am relatively new to the Kronos and would like to ask, is there a downloadable text file on the process of installing these patches for use on the Kronos. I know this is a very basic question, but I do not want to mess up the install process. Is there a step by step available?

Thanks

Charlie
KronosHerceg1972

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Installing on KRONOS X Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you very much for these wonderful Pianos.
I have the same question. I do not know how to install / copy the pianos on my Kronos X. I have downloaded and unzipped the files, put them on an usb-stick and connected it to my kronos.

Who can help?

Thank you in advance and happy easter
KronosHerceg1972

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

Finally I managed to load the pianos by just copying the files onto the HDD, then open the pcg-files and copied it into slots which were free.

After that I loaded the ksc-files and was able to play Smile

I just exerienced one problem with the PianoIn162. When I tried to load the PianoIn162.KSC there was an error message saying:
"KSC in incomplete due to uninstalled EXs:Piano in 162 PU+.Piano in 162-PD Close,Piano in62-PU AMbient

I do not know what to do. It seems that there's something missing or cannot be read?

Who could help, please?

It seems what I did was wrong. Because when trying to play other samples from the PC Pianos the same message comes.
How is it possible to install the pianos and load the .PCGs into fixed locations (starting with a number) and not clearing/loosing the rest of the userbank
Thanks in Advance
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Five New Free Acoustic Pianos Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Greetings,

Just finished up converting some of the free/public domain acoustic pianos that have been available in other formats. You can find them here.

http://purgatorycreek.com/styled/page13/page3.html

Check out the audio demos first.

Busch.

Is that your website?
Lots of goodies there for Kronos.. Love that
But i have been using that website for ages because of its great piano shootout comparisson.

Your blog is another nice collection of info and stuff

You my friend are a true asset to this community.. Thank you very much, i am looking forward to playing with all of this on my Kronos...
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see your great site with so much useful content up and running.

Congratulations for a great contribution to the Kronos community!
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Install Reply with quote

KronosHerceg1972 wrote:
Finally I managed to load the pianos by just copying the files onto the HDD, then open the pcg-files and copied it into slots which were free.

After that I loaded the ksc-files and was able to play Smile

I just exerienced one problem with the PianoIn162. When I tried to load the PianoIn162.KSC there was an error message saying:
"KSC in incomplete due to uninstalled EXs:Piano in 162 PU+.Piano in 162-PD Close,Piano in62-PU AMbient

I do not know what to do. It seems that there's something missing or cannot be read?

Who could help, please?

It seems what I did was wrong. Because when trying to play other samples from the PC Pianos the same message comes.
How is it possible to install the pianos and load the .PCGs into fixed locations (starting with a number) and not clearing/loosing the rest of the userbank
Thanks in Advance

Are you trying to load the KSCs using LOAD REQUIRED SAMPLES option in the Program?

If so, there are ways to correct that.

Otherwise, are you having problems if you go to DISK mode and load Salamander Piano_UserBank.KSC? Does this work OK?

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
KronosHerceg1972

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

Hi Thank you very much.
The problem is solved. I do not know what the problem was,
but now it works fine. I added the ksc file into the autoload-section.

Everything works fine.

And thanks for the wunderful piano collection.

I DO LOVE THE PIANO 162 in BLUE VERY MUCH.
Actually my favourite piano on the Kronos.

What Piano is it in real?
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
holdsg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I successfully installed the London upright, and the Salamander piano over the weekend. These were my favorites thus far listening to the demos.
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: ; Reply with quote

Yea I liked the London Upright and the Pianoln 162. I tried the Salamander and it did not have much depth as the 162 for me but they are all good. The 162 is a large sample.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the only way to use the piano in 162 is as a streaming library.? looks as if at least.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:
so the only way to use the piano in 162 is as a streaming library.? looks as if at least.

Why would you not want to run it streaming? Don't understand.

Busch.
media-igor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbush Thank you very much for your work!
But I want to say that these libraries can not be combined with standard methods: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=641917#641917

I think in these files * KSC - violated internal structure. Separately everything works fine!
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about violating internal structure. The KSCs were created the same way I've created all my others. The 192 KSC is "combined." The three _UserBank.KSCs can be found in the three folders. Maybe using those KSCs plus the others, e.g. London_UserBank.KSC, Iowa_UserBank.KSC, etc. will allow you to combine in the manner you wish.

Busch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: