Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

playing mid file from laptop through usb to midi cable pa800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
music000man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: playing mid file from laptop through usb to midi cable pa800 Reply with quote

HI I purchased a midi to usb cable... one end has two midi connectors and the other a usb connection... The goal is to play midi files from my laptop using my korg pa800's sound module. Does anyone have the procedure on how to this up? I have still yet to figure out how to do this...

Thanks
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: playing mid file from laptop through usb to midi cable p Reply with quote

music000man wrote:
.. goal is to play midi files from my laptop using my korg pa800's sound module..

Connect two connectors (DIN-5pin) of your USB-cable to Midi-IN-OUT (Din-5pin) of your Pa800 (USB-cable-Midi-In to Pa800-Midi-Out, USB-cable-Midi-Out to Pa800-Midi-In).

Connect USB-connector of USB-Midi-Cable to your Laptop. Use settings of your Laptop-software (sequencer, midiplayer) to select your PA-Keyboard as MIDI-Device to be used for playback. Use Midi-In-settings of your Pa-Keyboard for assignment of Midi-Channels you want to use for playback.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
music000man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: playing mid file from laptop through usb to midi cable pa800 Reply with quote

Wow that was a quick response. I might be missing something.. I am trying to use vanbusco midi player on my laptop there is no option for my pa800... I want to play a miidi file with lyrics from the laptop. Should I be using a different software?\
Tks
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: playing mid file from laptop through usb to midi cable p Reply with quote

music000man wrote:
Should I be using a different software?

Do not use different software - VanBasco is really good for your needs.

In VanBasco click to the lefttop icon (or use Alt + S) to find setting of MIDI-Output. Here you shoud see all your Mididevices similar Midi-Mapper, Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth etc and also you should see you USB-Midi-Cable (maybe any Name of a noname brand or Pa800) if it was connected between active Pa800 and Laptop before you started VanBasco-Player.
(I do not know if VanBasco will recognize USB-Midi-Cable if connected Pa-Keyboard was "off" - maybe yes/no, simple try it).

If you can not see a Name of your USB-Midi-Cable something is not ok with drivers of that cable (in to out, out to in) or with recognition of USB-devices of your laptop. As soon as Usb-Device is recognized select it as Midi-Out-Device and use VanBasco to play your Midifiles and see your lyrics if you click Karaoke-Button.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
music000man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much... There were two problems one I had to reload the vanbusco software choose the usba output and two.. I had the cables mixed it is workinfg for me now. I thought I had to use the korg windows driver which caused me much confusion.. Thank you again. your awesome
music000man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: korg pa800 usb to midi laptop Reply with quote

Thank you very much... There were two problems one I had to reload the vanbusco software choose the usba output and two.. I had the cables mixed it is workinfg for me now. I thought I had to use the korg windows driver which caused me much confusion.. Thank you again. your awesome
ginol96

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why you use USB- MIDI cable? Pa800 has USB port that you can connect direct to laptop. But you have install midi driver.
Some Midi programs needs to set midi out on system.
At first it was MIDI and then the God created the world.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Midi-over-USB Reply with quote

ginol96 wrote:
Why you use USB- MIDI cable? Pa800 has USB port that you can connect direct

Connecting USB direct sometimes cause problems especially with sysexs like sysex-headers of korg-specific SMFs, wheras with same data USB-MIDI-cable do not cause problems. So it is recommended better to use available USB-Midi-cable for transmission of Midi-Data.

In songmode unfilter sysex and try to send following sysex via USB to your Pa800:
F0 42 7F 60 00 01 00 10 00 00 00 00 01 00 20 02 7F 03 01 04 24 05 00 5A F7
Now equalizer-settings of track1 should be: low-0, 5db, mid +0.5, high +18.0 db.
If you get no result, try to send same sysex via USB-Midi-5pin-Din-cable - you will get equalizer-settings for track1 as mentioned above (or you did not send correct)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: