Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some programs KRS-07 refer to a nonexistent Wave Sequence
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
media-igor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Some programs KRS-07 refer to a nonexistent Wave Sequence Reply with quote

Today I installed and authorized KRS-07 and noted that the program U-BB66 - U-BB68 link to empty banks Wave Sequences: I-141 - I-144. Maybe it's me breaking the bank Wave Sequences (I have installed Int 000 - 139, Int 140-149 - Init Wave Sequence). Looked in the archive PRELOAD_V2.PCG - there as well!
Somebody set KRS-07? Check how you do.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've verified that these sounds rely on a few Wave Sequences which are in the KRONOSX preload, but not in the original KRONOS preload. The responsible people are now investigating how to address this problem, and I expect that they'll have a solution. In the meantime, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan is it possible we can get a guide to loading wavesequences and how they are structured/organized in relation to programs?

I notice the more libraries I have that use them, the more conflicts that arise with sounds pointing to the wrong place.

Like for example: Should all sounds using wavesequences in the same library be grouped together in the same bank? Stuff like that.
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
I've verified that these sounds rely on a few Wave Sequences which are in the KRONOSX preload, but not in the original KRONOS preload. The responsible people are now investigating how to address this problem, and I expect that they'll have a solution. In the meantime, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Dan
Will korg let us know when this has been sorted ie emails us Question
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Kronos X and Kronos 2 have more wave sequences, is there a way to bring the Kronos Classic to be the same through an update?

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lotty1 wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

Dan
Will korg let us know when this has been sorted ie emails us Question

Yes, I believe so.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
If the Kronos X and Kronos 2 have more wave sequences, is there a way to bring the Kronos Classic to be the same through an update?

-Mc

don't forget the " Sound Pack with the KRS07 " needs to be purchased/installed for the 2011 Kronos ( classic ? ) and the " X" to be the 'same ' as the 2015 Kronos 2.
oldguy29

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have purchased and installed the Exs17,18 Krs07 sound pack from Korg on my Kronos X. It makes it more like the Kronos 2 but I do not believe that it makes it identical to the new Kronos 2.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldguy29 wrote:
i have purchased and installed the Exs17,18 Krs07 sound pack from Korg on my Kronos X. It makes it more like the Kronos 2 but I do not believe that it makes it identical to the new Kronos 2.

was referring to ' sound ' not physical appearance or something physical inside such as a larger SSD or more ram.

and the only tangible sound diff I am aware of is that the EXs19 is theoretically a free d/l for Kronos 2 owners.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rs.felicio wrote:
This weekend I confirmed. There is a difference in "INT wavesequence bank" between PRELOAD.PCG from New Kronos versus Kronos 1 and X.
So, looks like a simple problem to solve .... only a small mistake when generate the KSR07 (from New Kronos preload) for old Kronos .... Just was not providing the wavesequences INT bank.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0i689uppyrdig8/Wavesequence%20Kronos%20x%20New%20Kronos.bmp?dl=0

Another attention point that I've discussed with an New Kronos owner and a user for my own packages, is that New Kronos Users should to remap all Users Combis
Unfortunately users of new Kronos will have considerable work to use Combis generated in Kronos 1 and X .... a large number of KSRs from Korg and others partner and several packages available in korgpatches.com or here on KF need to be "re-created"..... and this will further complicate the sharing process among users.

I can't understand the reasons for this change (I-A to U-AA, etc) and not is the focus to this discussion here .... but in fact it will hamper the lives of new users....
Today I think the "Easy" way is use the cut/paste on PCG Tools to recreate the combis.

Yeah I don't get it either. The only thing I can come with is someone didn't think that point through or it was never brought up in a meeting.

I really wish we had more management tools for wavesequences and trimming KSCs. A simple "What programs use this waveform?" Would be a great help.

Currently I noticed that EXs16 and EXs19 use the same wavesequencing bank. Problem is I have certain patches scattered all over. Still figuring what's my best course of action. Undoubtedly will involve PCG tools!
rs.felicio
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you.

Just recived a message from Korg showing that the group that developed this package is already on the case....and will be necessary to KRS-07 users to
lluvaas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Wave Sequences for KSR-07? Reply with quote

How do we load thte Wave Sequences for the new Sound Pack? Does anyone know yet?
lluvaas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Wave Sequences for KSR-07? Reply with quote

How do we load thte Wave Sequences for the new Sound Pack? Does anyone know yet?
media-igor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Wave Sequences for KSR-07? Reply with quote

lluvaas wrote:

I made for myself empty PCG includes all Wave Sequences and the desired settings. From this file PCG further by using PCG Tools you can easily obtain the desired PCG, which includes all the necessary programs.
Niven8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just purchased a Kronos 2...I've checked the authorised items in global and I have ex17 & 18... may I ask is there anything else ( KRS07) that I should have authorised?
Many thanks Niven8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: