Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencing on the Kronos...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sigurd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Sequencing on the Kronos... Reply with quote

Hello All, I would like to ask if there is anyone out there that can recommend a youtube video for learning to record on the Kronos. Specifically I am looking how to start a drum beat (accessing the on board drum beats) and then adding instruments. Or starting with a motion synth and then adding drums. I have looked at several video's and none of them do that. They all start with either using a combi or a blank sequence and importing a template. Which would be good, but I can not figure out how to go through the drum beats. I could pull up R&B and it gives you one beat.... Any thoughts? And thank you in advance. I use Logic for recording but thought it would be nice to use the Kronos for what it was designed for. Still at the end of the day I can hook up Kronos to my Mac and use it for audio files.
javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')
Korg Kronos and Motif XS8 with KARMA, Motif ES6, Korg KARMA. Two American Strats and an old SG as well as a Mesa Amp and a Behringer Amp with misc pedals. Computer stuff Logic, Omnisphere, Ableton and MainStage.
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sequencing on the Kronos... Reply with quote

Sigurd wrote:
Hello All, I would like to ask if there is anyone out there that can recommend a youtube video for learning to record on the Kronos. Specifically I am looking how to start a drum beat (accessing the on board drum beats) and then adding instruments. Or starting with a motion synth and then adding drums. I have looked at several video's and none of them do that. They all start with either using a combi or a blank sequence and importing a template. Which would be good, but I can not figure out how to go through the drum beats. I could pull up R&B and it gives you one beat.... Any thoughts? And thank you in advance. I use Logic for recording but thought it would be nice to use the Kronos for what it was designed for. Still at the end of the day I can hook up Kronos to my Mac and use it for audio files.

Read the manual! sorry just thought I would say that before Dan.
But you are right we could do with some detailed information on sequencing.
Sigurd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that Lotty1 and your right. I bought it without manuals and as ADD as I am they really are a pain. Just thought someone may have some ideas about watching a video. I guess I could contact Korg and see about purchasing some manuals. Lotty1, is it possible to sequence as I described?
I bought a refurbished original Kronos 73 last March. I love the sounds this thing has and feel very inspired to compose but the sequencing thing has me rattled.
Korg Kronos and Motif XS8 with KARMA, Motif ES6, Korg KARMA. Two American Strats and an old SG as well as a Mesa Amp and a Behringer Amp with misc pedals. Computer stuff Logic, Omnisphere, Ableton and MainStage.
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manuals are available as a download from the Korg site.(Free ! Smile).

Also,they're built into the Kronos via the Help button.

Best Wishes.
Harpernet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone were to do a recording demo with the kronos it would show how out dated the sequencer functions are they should be revamped immediately it's pretty said that the kronos has 1 of the most prehistoric sequencers in the history of modern day sequencer functions on the planet bar none
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:
If someone were to do a recording demo with the kronos it would show how out dated the sequencer functions are they should be revamped immediately it's pretty said that the kronos has 1 of the most prehistoric sequencers in the history of modern day sequencer functions on the planet bar none

I am prehistoric. I like the ways things were done in the old days

Bring on the covered wagons😉
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: kronos Reply with quote

GregC I like the ol school ways also and ol school sounds too. Funny everybody is trying to get the old sounds on new technology. I was looking at some old band photos and i had an Hammond M3 organ w/ leslie147, Fender Rhodes, Hohner Clavinet, and a Mini Moog. I was in college and playing part time before i went on the road for about 15 years playing all kind of music an d clubs. Could not believe i had all vintage boards and now have none really but the New Kronos, Oberheim OB8. Roland jv-90. OOPs i am telling my age nah not really not that old.
drb32856

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Sequencing on the Kronos... Reply with quote

Sigurd wrote:

Try this one for a start. It may be what you are looking for.
http://youtu.be/BEJjF4yaqww
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm recording a drum track first on my Kronos, I call up a blank sequence, I usually load in a Prog into the first channel and when I'm doing this I also load in the drum track which automatically goes to track 10 and midi channel 10. Then I go to the drum track page; sorry but my Kronos isn't turned on right ow or I'd tell you how to get there; and then I press the drum track button on my Kronos, the button down my the joystick. I also make sure that I've gone to the Global page and checked that the Trun Drum Track off box is unchecked or it won't play.
Then from my seq page I press multi record.
From the drum track page you can audition all of the drum patterns. It's easiest if you touch the "safety pin" at the top of the screen so that it stays open as you go through the patterns.
From the main page you can select what kind of drum set and sound you might want.
Once you've chosen a drum ste and found your first pattern you can record it into the sequencer. You probably will have to touch a key, any key, to get it started.
Record that pattern for maybe 4 passes or bars or however long you want and then stop it. You can easily change patternsand you can start your recording anywhere in your sequence that you like.
I like to write rock songs so sometimes I'll start with for hits on the open hi hat. Then I'll have a rock pattern for a bit and change it to suit my song.
Hope this at least helps a bit. Sorry for jumping all over the place but I'm trying to remember all of the steps that I use.

Good luck and have fun!
Don't forget to save all of your work before you turn off your Kronos or it will just disappear.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
mikeyd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another simple one to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeBiYsZObJI
mikeyd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Harpernet"]If someone were to do a recording demo with the kronos it would show how out dated the sequencer functions are they should be revamped immediately it's pretty said that the kronos has 1 of the most prehistoric sequencers in the history of modern day sequencer functions on the planet bar none[/quote]

Works for me.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Sequencing on the Kronos... Reply with quote

Sigurd wrote:

I will do a video and highlight some things for you that may help you out. What specifically are you wanting to see and learn about?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Sigurd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Apex... Man that would be so helpful. What I would like to do is use a blank templet and audition drum tracks until I find one that I can use as a starting point in a new song. and then add other patches or sounds... If you could help start me down that path I would appreciate it. I would like to have a goal of composing a complete song in the Kronos workstation environment. Very Happy
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I may be able to get to it tonight. But maybe tomorrow afternoon (central time US). Ill post a link here as soon as I get it done.

YouTube -

Facebook -

apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video is uploading to YouTube right now

YouTube -

Facebook -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: