Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 Immediate switching between patterns

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redshift777

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Electribe 2 Immediate switching between patterns Reply with quote

Hey everybody!

Wondering if somebody could tell me how I can set my Electribe 2 to switch immediately to a new pattern when I select it, without waiting for the previous pattern to cycle through. I can't find any setting that seems to do this. Thanks!
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2 Immediate switching between patterns Reply with quote

redshift777 wrote:
Hey everybody!

Wondering if somebody could tell me how I can set my Electribe 2 to switch immediately to a new pattern when I select it, without waiting for the previous pattern to cycle through. I can't find any setting that seems to do this. Thanks!

I'm afraid it can't do what you are wanting it to do. The first pattern has to finish.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
ElectribeNut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After selecting the pattern you would like to play hit stop and than play as quickly as you can. This is the quickest way I can think of and is on the older units as well. You can also forward with the step jump function (not on the older units) but it takes more button presses and isn't as instantaneous as hitting stop and play.

God bless Korg for batteries.... Laughing
takadoum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in front of the E2 but maybe switch pattern, then SHIFT+PLAY at the moment of your choice.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, on the ipad Electribe apps, you can set pattern switching to EIGHT NOTES!!! I know the apps are far more "basic" but you can get some amazing results with these quick changes, especially with lots of motion sequencing going on. The change is as smooth as silk too. Wish the hardware could do the same...

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Fatbob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shift + play works but it's unquantised so you need to time your downbeat - hit and miss but doable
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElectribeNut wrote:
After selecting the pattern you would like to play hit stop and than play as quickly as you can. This is the quickest way I can think of and is on the older units as well.

On the EMX and ESX, after prompting a pattern switch you can hit the erase button and it will immediately trigger the prompted pattern.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: