Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jazz Guitar Patch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jondimac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Jazz Guitar Patch Reply with quote

Hi everyone 1st post here. I sold my Triton rack awhile back but I've been searching for this one sound - Jazz Guitar - ever since but could not find anything even close to the playability that this patch offered on the Triton. It's such a simple patch but I could do very fast runs and nice chordal things on it as well. In don't remember what patch number it was. It was certainly part of the factory set but not part of the GM set (as far as I can remember).

My question is : can I find something similar or an exact copy on any other korg sound module? I've got a Kronos 61 and yes the gtr sounds are very nice but I just can't get the same 'vibe' as I could from that sound! Plus there are many gigs that I don't need to take my Kronos out and just need a sound module with me. I would happily buy a s/h Triton rack again just for the one sound but I just wanted to check with everyone here if any other Korg racks offered this sound! : TR , 05r, ns5, o1r etc...
Thanks Wink
jondimac
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a factory guitar patch called "Fingertips" that I use a lot especially for quieter cocktail type sets. Tho' it tends to be a bit too bright and acoustic sounding to be considered a true "Jazz" sound (I think of a darker rounder tone), it does provides good starting point for making your own.

You can either tweak filter &/or EQ and do other modifications to taste in the IFX menu to get a more "Jazz" sound, or you can try dropping in alternative wave forms rather than the acoustic sample that is there. The benefit of wave swapping is that all of the guitar-ish programing and mapping is already done for you; that is way better than starting from an INIT file.

There's also a nice program in the archive called "Malleus Gtr" that is a really nice (IMO) compressed nylon guitar / flamenco tone [no clue as to which .pcg it came from, maybe the name will give a hint] that could tweak or swap into a jazz guitar with a bit more presence.

Final note, you don't have to load .pcg files to access the sounds at the program level. If you open the .pcg in disk and dig down to the program list you can audition sounds before you load them to internal memory -- just highlight the sound you want to hear. You can save individual sounds from a .pcg file as well - just make sure that the destination patch location is empty.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: