Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pinpointed what is needed in Electribe 2 Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillwilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Pinpointed what is needed in Electribe 2 Update Reply with quote

I have just taken my Electribe 2 along with my EMX for a live jam with an electronics collective...a good solid 4 hour freeform jam really focussed the mind on what makes the EMX easy and the Electribe 2 difficult in a live pattern creation context...

basically all they need to add to solve a whole host of live usage issues is to create a "momentary/ latch" option for ERASE and MUTE and either PART, keys.

you would then hold whichever button listed above to select that action to be performed upon whichever part keys you press whilst holding the function, but upon release go back to either SEQUENCER, KEYBOARD CHORD or STEP JUMP mode

I would suggest as an alternate way to implement SOLO within this latch mode, you would bring the "double tap " action to the actual part pad in question whilst mute is held.

For me, if korg could implement something like this and allow the ability for all the step jump and midi Mfx variants to slip back into sync with the underlying beat I could happily live with the rest of the Electribe 2s foibles.
takadoum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with this Smile The most annoying part of live playing with E2.

And I would add that when you're in MUTE mode, using shortcuts (SHIFT+PAD) shouldn't mute/unmute part associated to pressed pad, awful bug IMHO !
takadoum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also very important, ability to select a part without switching to TRIGGER mode (so, staying in SEQUENCER, KEYBOARD.....), even if you can use PREV/NEXT part keys.
phillwilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell, is that whats happening... I kept doing that tonight and thinking I was being clumsy.... WOW that really does need fixing
phillwilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

takadoum wrote:
And also very important, ability to select a part without switching to TRIGGER mode (so, staying in SEQUENCER, KEYBOARD.....), even if you can use PREV/NEXT part keys.

in my imagining of a Momentary mode either part select key plus a pad would act as a momentary select without taking you our of the "running mode" you are working in.
phillwilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually one last thing needed as a bare minimum update for my own use...

the "running lights" of which parts are playing need to come "into focus" whenever ANY of these momentary select modes are entered..

a. it helps visually see that the mode is working and

b. it really helps to visualise which part you are wishing to select/mute etc
takadoum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillwilson wrote:
takadoum wrote:

in my imagining of a Momentary mode either part select key plus a pad would act as a momentary select without taking you our of the "running mode" you are working in.

I was not sure of this in your post because of my english but now it's clear Wink

And talking of lights, why not having sequencer light running in every mode ?
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

takadoum wrote:

Yes please, totally agreed for live use.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, you CAN switch parts while in Keyboard/Sequencer/Chords.

Hold Shift+Keyboard/Sequencer/Chords+Pad

dimi3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After touch would be a good feature.
jim555

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
Guys, you CAN switch parts while in Keyboard/Sequencer/Chords.

Hold Shift+Keyboard/Sequencer/Chords+Pad

You don't need to hold shift to change parts in Chords and Keyboard mode. Just keyboard or chord button plus the pad.

But that doesn't work in Sequencer mode. Even holding the shift button with the sequencer key.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks jim, i stand corrected! I meant Trigger/Keys/Chord. I was under the impression that holding shift allowed soundless selection. Its good to know you only have to hold down one of these mode buttons plus the pad to select parts without sounding them.
dutchcow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think what is needed first is a stable foundation. There are too many small and big bugs at the moment. The machine is unreliable on many fronts, that should be sorted out firstly.

Even a small thing as clearing a sequence will not toggle the pad lights until you moved to another part. It's small, but something that should've been found and addressed during the test phase.
takadoum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchcow wrote:
Even a small thing as clearing a sequence will not toggle the pad lights until you moved to another part. It's small, but something that should've been found and addressed during the test phase.

YES ! Small but big one this one...

Another fix : At the moment sometimes you have to untie then re-tie notes to get it work. I cannot tell when it happens, but very annoying and time consuming to figure it out when playing !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: