Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X3 song tranfers without disk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tdtchavi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: X3 song tranfers without disk Reply with quote

Hi,

I hope you can help me, this is kind of new to me.

I’ve inherited an X3 synth. I have some cool songs the previous owner had in floppy disks but the drive is not working (it gives the common drive not ready error). I have read that I can try to change the drive belt, or install a USB disk emulator, but this is too complex, for me and it’s not worth doing in my opinion for the use I am currently giving to the X3. I have also read that I can dump system info from a computer to the X3 via midi in order to load different sounds... but this is not what I'm looking for...

My 2 questions are:

1) Is it possible to transfer X3 SNG song files from a computer to the X3 via MIDI so I can listen to these cool songs?
2) I have been able to send MIDI files in the computer and get them played by the X3, but they don't sound very well. Is there a way to store them in the X3 sequencer so I can edit the instruments to be played so the song sounds right? Perhaps this can be done in the computer, but I don’t know how to do it. Basically I´d like to be able to grab MIDI files from internet and and adapt them so they sonud well whn played in the X3

Thanks for helping a newbie!!

Regards and happy 2015!
Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: