Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Erikson Music (Canadian Korg distributor) phishing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Erikson Music (Canadian Korg distributor) phishing? Reply with quote

Received an e-mail allegedly from Erikson Music, Canadian distributor for Korg, as follows:

-------------------------------

Confirm your subscription
DON'T MISS OUT ON RECEIVING OUR EMAILS!

On July 1, 2014 Canada implemented new laws that regulate how we can communicate electronically with our customers.

In order for us to comply with the legislation we need to know if you would like to continue receiving email communications from us. We ask that you reconfirm your email subscription by clicking on the button below.

Yes, continue sending me emails

We really appreciate your business and value you as an email subscriber.

Sincerely,

Korg Canada
Erikson Music

By confirming your subscription you're granting Erikson Music permission to email you. You can revoke permission to mail to your email address at any time using the Safe Unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email.

---------------------------

In the past week I've received e-mails in similar vein from Apple and PayPal asking to confirm account details. Standard BS, I know, but has anyone else been getting this crap?

Cheers, Giner
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen this but I don't think it's fake. I don know the CRTC forced a law through to try and cut down on spam. I've got a fairly good blocker on my browser so it may have just gone straight to my junk mail.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, jeremykeys. I've no suspicions about Erikson at all, maybe I'm just a bit over cautious.

Cheers, Giner
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caution is good! Especially these days when it seems like just about everybody is trying to screw you out of something. I checked my junk mail and didn't see anything from Ericson. Just the usual suspects trying to give me money! Yeah, right!

Hope you out west there have a Happy New Year!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without clicking it, roll your mouse over where it says "Yes, continue sending me emails" on the mail and look at the status bar (usually at the bottom of the browser) to see what the URL of the link is, in otherwords where it would take you.

Of course Korg CA could use a third party automated URL reference service, but if it looks dodgy, don't even bother clicking it, just delete it.

I don't even hit the "unsubscribe me" links these days unless I know EXACTLY where it has come from, as it often does little more than tell any such [potentially dodgy] person that your email is active and working, which they then sell on to other people to spam you like crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: