Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will winter Namm bring us..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as new for the "digital piano" market at NAMM 2015 (ie: dp's, stage pianos, workstations, etc)... here's my two cents:

http://youtu.be/02yKPDdAJWY
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
As far as new for the "digital piano" market at NAMM 2015 (ie: dp's, stage pianos, workstations, etc)... here's my two cents:

I am most interested in the Kawai VPC2, i allways understood that it would be a full masterkeyboard, with knobs, sliders, buttons, wheels and aftertouch..

A beast and must have for any studio...
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:

I am most interested in the Kawai VPC2, i allways understood that it would be a full masterkeyboard, with knobs, sliders, buttons, wheels and aftertouch..

Hope your right. Talking to someone that works there a few months ago, they specifically designed the VPC1 not to have any of those things and was aimed purely at the software piano player.

If it was as you described, I would have brought it in a heartbeat, sadly I need a pitch bend and mod wheel .

I went for the MP10 and I have never ever played a synth/keyboard/electric piano etc with a better feeling keybed, although the MP11 is supposed to be better. Haven't tried the MP11 as I don't want an argument with my lovely wife when I decide I need to spend more cash Smile

But to have a full blown midi controller with loads of knobs, sliders etc with that keybed (or the later triple sensor one). I would buy it.

I said it when I first brought my MP10, I've now owned it 1 year and 5 months, I still find myself sitting at it with it turned off (when I'm doing non musical stuff on my PC) and find my fingers playing away even though no sound is coming out. No other keybed has had that effect on me.

And while I appreciate the high quality in some other well known synths, pianos etc (not counting actual acoustics of course) , in MY opinion, the Kawia MP10/MP11/VPC range make the keybeds of all the competition feel like toys.

Of course that's because I like as close to an acoustic piano feel as I can get, many people don't want or need that

Mind you, even though I love it, I would NEVER use it if I regularly gigged unless I was famous with my own team of roadies, it weighs a ton.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ojustaboo wrote:
Bachus wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:

Hope your right. Talking to someone that works there a few months ago, they specifically designed the VPC1 not to have any of those things and was aimed purely at the software piano player.

If it was as you described, I would have brought it in a heartbeat, sadly I need a pitch bend and mod wheel .

I went for the MP10 and I have never ever played a synth/keyboard/electric piano etc with a better feeling keybed, although the MP11 is supposed to be better. Haven't tried the MP11 as I don't want an argument with my lovely wife when I decide I need to spend more cash Smile

But to have a full blown midi controller with loads of knobs, sliders etc with that keybed (or the later triple sensor one). I would buy it.

I said it when I first brought my MP10, I've now owned it 1 year and 5 months, I still find myself sitting at it with it turned off (when I'm doing non musical stuff on my PC) and find my fingers playing away even though no sound is coming out. No other keybed has had that effect on me.

And while I appreciate the high quality in some other well known synths, pianos etc (not counting actual acoustics of course) , in MY opinion, the Kawia MP10/MP11/VPC range make the keybeds of all the competition feel like toys.

Of course that's because I like as close to an acoustic piano feel as I can get, many people don't want or need that

Mind you, even though I love it, I would NEVER use it if I regularly gigged unless I was famous with my own team of roadies, it weighs a ton.

+1 to everything Ojustaboo said!!! Smile
And you're quite correct, the VPC1 (or any forthcoming model) was understood to be just an 88-key pianist's board (no wheels, buttons, etc).
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
Ojustaboo wrote:
Bachus wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:

+1 to everything Ojustaboo said!!! Smile
And you're quite correct, the VPC1 (or any forthcoming model) was understood to be just an 88-key pianist's board (no wheels, buttons, etc).

Thats asuming that the VPC2 will be a replacement of the VPC1.... I allways expected it would be a seccond instrument in the VPC range, coexcisting with the VPC1... Only time will tell...

And i also agree that currently nothing comes close to the keyfeel of the MP11, when it comes to feeling like a real grand..
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Thats asuming that the VPC2 will be a replacement of the VPC1.... I allways expected it would be a seccond instrument in the VPC range, coexcisting with the VPC1... Only time will tell...

I'd be inclined to think that the type of controller you want would be called a VKC1 rather than a VPCx (Virtual Keyboard Controller instead of Virtual Piano Controller), but that's me.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
Bachus wrote:

I'd be inclined to think that the type of controller you want would be called a VKC1 rather than a VPCx (Virtual Keyboard Controller instead of Virtual Piano Controller), but that's me.

I think i even can agree on that, VKC, or VMC from virtuall master controller..

I am currently considering an MP11 because next to the best digital piano (personal opinion) it also works great as a midi controller. But i will hold off till after music messe, to see if there is anything new comming up from Kawaii
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Kawai will not have a VPC2 at NAMM.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Apparently Kawai will not have a VPC2 at NAMM.

Yes, seems the source is quite reliable...
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2015-news-rumours-and-predictions-611886/

Finally some press rumors...

Seems General music is back in buiseness after the crisis to celebrate their 125th birthday..

Yet here again nothing from teh Yammy crew...

Seems Akai has something interesting, a keyboard that fully integrates with your VSTs...
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Czco8No8xQ#action=share

Looks like a dream, what the NI Kontroll Keyboard should have been..

If you want to go all software setup.... Add the Kawaii VPC1 and an Ableton push and the 61 key version of this controller .... running ableton live on the DAW with a full HD 27" touchscreen set jut behind and above the keys...
scottgblood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Czco8No8xQ#action=share

Looks like a dream, what the NI Kontroll Keyboard should have been..

If you want to go all software setup.... Add the Kawaii VPC1 and an Ableton push and the 61 key version of this controller .... running ableton live on the DAW with a full HD 27" touchscreen set jut behind and above the keys...

These do look stunning and it seems AKAI are now pulling things out of the bag, the EIE Pro is absolutely brilliant and the retro look really fits nicely in a studio crowded with modern looking equipment.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Winter NAMM has definitely ceased to be as important as it once was. It's no longer a bag full of surprise highlights for the whole year, like in former years.

Durning the last years major new releases have appeared all year long. In internet times NAMM has become quite obolete as the one big music news trade show. It's just a big music business meeting now, with some casual new things and not much more.

Just to remind some: last year's Namm was a complete lamer show for keyboards. I expect some nice news, and nothing overwhelming at all from this and from future NAMMs.

True, the internet is a great platform for highlighting new products, and NAMM no longer is the large soapbox for announcements it used to be.
Furthermore, the Frankfurter Musikmesse isn't just a rehash of NAMM anymore with only a few minor product announcements.
Last year Roland came up with the announcement of the AIRA range between NAMM and Frankfurt, thus claiming the entire spotlight for AIRA, and considering the success of the campaign I think we'll see more of that.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
Winter NAMM has definitely ceased to be as important as it once was. It's no longer a bag full of surprise highlights for the whole year, like in former years.

Durning the last years major new releases have appeared all year long. In internet times NAMM has become quite obolete as the one big music news trade show. It's just a big music business meeting now, with some casual new things and not much more.

Just to remind some: last year's Namm was a complete lamer show for keyboards. I expect some nice news, and nothing overwhelming at all from this and from future NAMMs.

True, the internet is a great platform for highlighting new products, and NAMM no longer is the large soapbox for announcements it used to be.
Furthermore, the Frankfurter Musikmesse isn't just a rehash of NAMM anymore with only a few minor product announcements.
Last year Roland came up with the announcement of the AIRA range between NAMM and Frankfurt, thus claiming the entire spotlight for AIRA, and considering the success of the campaign I think we'll see more of that.

Personally if i had a big company with a new product, i would specifically not introduce it at Namm, but push it over internet and social media...

Its much cheaper that way, and you get the undivided attention of all that are interested... At Namm, there is most of the time a bigger bird gtabbing much of teh attention you wanted...
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
jimknopf wrote:

The Internet is also much more cost effective than participating in a multi-day convention. There is also much less smoke from the competition when you do an independent product release. The times have changed!

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: