Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg fixed the kronos without fixing it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpernet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cgoodhines thanks but your statment has little to do with the topic if the new kronos is nothing more than vents new motherboard new keybed & new enclusure but has the exact same functions & no new functions then it's the same synth as the old kronos
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from all the differences you just wrote, it is. I don't really understand your point? It's largely the same except for a new enclosure, a possible fanless design, gold plated outputs, an angled screen a new mobo and new free soundsets.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:
Cgoodhines thanks but your statment has little to do with the topic if the new kronos is nothing more than vents new motherboard new keybed & new enclusure but has the exact same functions & no new functions then it's the same synth as the old kronos

but so what? If you already have a Kronos with all the same functionality, who cares if the new one has a different shell and vents. Just like every other product on the market, manufacturers will make moderate improvements along the way. I have one of the original K88s (sub 500 serial). I've had zero problems with it and gig with it very regularly (twice a week). I'm perfectly OK with keeping what I have and have no desire to get the new model.

Are you happy with what you have now? If you are, great. If not, sell it and get something else. It's as simple as that. I don't really understand the reason for this.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:
If there is no hardware problems with the original kronos then why put out the same kronos with better hardware such as better motherboard keybed vents for overheating

Because it makes it "new". FWIW, my keybed has been fine since day one, and a rock solid board with over 100 gigs under its belt. Those that had issues um.....REPORTED TO KORG WITHIN THEIR WARRANTY and got it taken care of!

The "better hardware" is hardly new or better. It's essentially the SAME SPEC with what is currently available. Maybe a new motherboard had different spec requirements, or MAYBE they simple took some feed back from people and made a few simple changes! The vents (I'd be worried to spill in them) may have gotten rid of the fan which some people didn't like, and the new OS has the low fan option which makes a HUGE difference. The silk screen writing on the original Kronos WAS a little hard to read along with the fonts so that's an improvement. Maybe the original endcaps scratch and cracked too easily on big tours (Mine are fine)? Maybe they just wanted something different ala K2500 back in the day. Personally I prefer the (I presume) lighter plastic, but that's me.

The thing that's KILLING me is Korg just kept what you HAVE as their flagship for another couple of years that will get top notch support and you're bitching!!!!! Really????
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is that there is no concrete point in this thread at all: it's just an utterly meaningless rant towards people who are used to help with concrete Kronos related problems.

Let's just wait until Harpernet explores the 3000 bucks expensive used Kronos he told us he has bought. Maybe some day he comes up with Kronos related stuff making a bit more sense, or with a real question about making music with the Kronos.
Harpernet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim you are one of the thousands who have viewed my post and out of those thousands your one of a few who hates it but you keep commenting about how the kronos has no problems & how foolish I was for buying a kronos for 3k there are thousands of post about problems people have/had with there kronos we understand you don't like my topic you keep saying the same thing there's no problems with the kronos well there's thousands of kronos owners that disagree with you that's why they post there problem with there kronos on this forum
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:
Jim you are one of the thousands who have viewed my post and out of those thousands your one of a few who hates it but you keep commenting about how the kronos has no problems & how foolish I was for buying a kronos for 3k there are thousands of post about problems people have/had with there kronos we understand you don't like my topic you keep saying the same thing there's no problems with the kronos well there's thousands of kronos owners that disagree with you that's why they post there problem with there kronos on this forum

Harpenet
Just relax and enjoy you kronos it is an amazing machine
Please end this debate thank you.
Have a good Christmas Very Happy
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:

It's very easy to create a post that will be read by thousands. Just look up definition of 'clickbait' Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
black953mj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debate ends when the community stops responding to it. I suggest that approach, this will be my one and only post in this thread.
Minimoog Voyager - DSI Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB-6 - Access Virus Ti2 - Korg Kronos 2 - KingKORG - Novation MiniNova - Roland JU-06 - Roland RD-700GX - Novation Bass Station Rack - EMU Proteus 2000 - Various other old musical gadgets and dodads
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Harpernet

Can you tell us EXACTLY what problems you are having with your Kronos, is it overheating, is is rebooting sporadically, is the interface freezing up? - if we know what's wrong we may be able to help you.
keez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:
there are thousands of post about problems people have/had with there kronos" - "that's why they post there problem with there kronos on this forum

Harpernet, I think you fail to grasp the concept of forums and posting concerns/questions.

Whether it's a forum about cars, keyboards or toasters, people are far more likely to post about a problem they have as opposed to "everything's great here".

People are far more inclined to go to the effort of posting on a forum with something like...."I have a problem, can you help" rather than..."No problems here, just thought I'd post to say that everything is great"

You are making the assumption that if 25% of posts are about a problem, then 25% of Kronos owners must have a problem with their Kronos. This is wildly incorrect, and you a rather naive for thinking so.
kenrdot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan and here in Texas we say if you talk about the "boys" more than your own team your a Cowboys fan could it be the Kronos " haters" are really Kronos fans. we need some new "haters" cause all of our old ones are starting to like us.
Harpernet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who don't understand I'll make the point again instead of korg doing a recall on existing KRONOS & repairing the problems some kronos owners have which they have stated in their own personal post which are numerous I know this because I've been reading them & there is a lot more I haven't read they decided to market the new kronos which has the same functions no new features as the old kronos except there is a better motherboard better keybed vents & new enclosure. If I am wrong then this would be pointless if I am right then I have made my point.We shall see soon. Xmas & a happy new year everyone
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, the only problem that could have been worth of a recall was that of the RH3 pads. Apart from that, what other problems experienced by users in terms of motherboard, PSU or anything else is the normal rate of failure of electronic equipment.

With the Kronos 2, some of the new features are probably there as token gestures. For example, some people have been vocal about the end cheeks of the Kronos, moaning about their plasticky aspect and suggesting they were fragile, adding to the feeling that the Kronos was a cheaply made product. Well, I suspect putting wood cheeks and revising the case is nothing more than a response to this non-issue as the plastic cheeks of the Kronos are far from fragile, but the revised machine will look more solidly put together.

Those same people who were arguing about the cheap aspect of the original Kronos have stopped now, as they realise many owners take theirs on the road and enjoy a troublefree relationship with their Kronos. Perception is not always reality.

Besides the evolutions that are there for show, others are born from experience. No doubt the revised positioning of the screen improves ergonomics, just as the different colours and fonts used with the system.

To suggest that the Kronos 2 has no other purpose but to fix what was wrong with the original Kronos is just ludicrous. So yes, your statement is entirely pointless, and you should stop digging yourself into a hole any further.

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
Harpernet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colors & fonts doesn't make it a new kronos
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: