Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quickest easiest way to add sleighbells to existing styles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BleugrassBoy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Quickest easiest way to add sleighbells to existing styles? Reply with quote

I'm using a Korg MA but I'm cross posting this here as it's kind of similar to the PA50/PA80s. Hoping someone can help me with my challenge.

I wanted to play a few Christmas songs (live - I'm not creating a recorded SONG). I've identified several styles that work for the songs I'd like to play along with but was wondering if there was a quick easy way to add the sleighbell sound to these styles to give the songs a little more holiday flavor.

Ideally I'd just be able to tap in quarter or eighth-note sleighbells for a measure or two and have it loop but I don't think that's possible. So is there another way to do this without having it turn into a huge effort?

Thx all,
BB
Brian007

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think creating a looped pad would do the trick
sorry but I dont have a clue how to do that, maybe someone with more knowledge may be able to post instructions on here.

Brian
BleugrassBoy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been playing around with it for a few days and have had some limited success. I've found that via style editing you can create a new style from an existing one and save that in user memory.

Think

So I went through the process of adding sleighbells to a track (for each of the 4 variations).

Eh?

But the problem now is that when I play along with that style it only plays the sleighbells when I'm playing a major key chord. If I play C major I get the sleighbells. Play A minor the sleighbells drop out. Go to F major and the sleighbells come back.

Any ideas on how to fix this so the sleighbells continue regardless of which chord I'm playing?
Brick wall
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what Brian suggested; create a pad (sequence in a loop) for the sleighbells.

Play in style. Wink
BleugrassBoy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion.

I found in the owners manual where I can assign different sounds to the pads. But I didn't see where I could make those sounds loop (or how I would set the timing).

Where do I get info on how to do that on my MicroArranger?
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the easiest way to go is to change an existing looping pad (for instance a percussion pad), and change (one of) the sound(s) to bells.

The pad will always be perfectly in sync with the tempo of your style and, if any instrument is used in it, it will also follow your chords.

Good luck!

Play in style. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: