Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Tutorial: 17 Loop Recording in Ableton (ambient) QR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks! Am going a bit crazy with Maschine, the APC40, Lemur/iPad, my Traktor controller and I don't even know how many midi keyboards. I'm gonna skip Push, I think Smile
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Awesome, thanks! Am going a bit crazy with Maschine, the APC40, Lemur/iPad, my Traktor controller and I don't even know how many midi keyboards. I'm gonna skip Push, I think Smile

I can relate to that, but if Live is your DAW of choice that's the one controller you shouldn't skip.
I'm down to Kronos, plugs and push and quite comfy too. It's very hard downsizing by choice, but in reality I'm much more productive.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live is my DAW for live use, not production, most of the time. I use mostly prerecorded stuff cut into loops/sections and I feel the APC works well in this regard. I use Maschine live too for adding drums and percussion on the fly, plus playing keyboards. I don't think I have exhausted the possibilities of this even remotely, so Push doesn't seem worth the extra money at this point.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Live is my DAW for live use, not production, most of the time. I use mostly prerecorded stuff cut into loops/sections and I feel the APC works well in this regard. I use Maschine live too for adding drums and percussion on the fly, plus playing keyboards. I don't think I have exhausted the possibilities of this even remotely, so Push doesn't seem worth the extra money at this point.

i agree, when you have the apc and machine i think you have more then enough ableton control possibilities.

Although the push update for ableton 9.1 that is on it's way is a really nice one! (like melodic step sequencers for instance).
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reinforcing my idea as a Push user. I also still have the iPad and the Lemur people have made an incredible live control template, including some Push-like things such as step sequencers, keyboards, etc.
Haven't even really begun to explore those possibilities.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Am going a bit crazy with Maschine, the APC40, Lemur/iPad, my Traktor controller and I don't even know how many midi keyboards.

Sorry, I misread you post. I thought you were looking to simplify your setup in a live environment.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I can't see anything that I can't already do with the APC40.. Perhaps I'm missing something.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
So far I can't see anything that I can't already do with the APC40.. Perhaps I'm missing something.

you don't miss anything, the loop recording can be done with any controller that supports triggering of the clips.
Corgy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this thread, again a gem from Qui. Watched also the video tutorial, very helpful and informative again. Thank you Qui.

Now a question the in the reverse direction. Can the Kronos with it's external mode also become something like a Live controller?

Background: Since I haven't found (and tested) anything better than Live 9 for collecting musical ideas in a pattern/live-jamming mode I consider to buy Push and Live Suite anyway.

But it would be interesting to know, since Live supports more than one controller interface.

Sorry to wake you up after about one year ... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: