Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why should I buy new kronos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjpearson wrote:
unixmill wrote:
Korg is in the business of selling musical instruments to make money.

genehart wrote:
I think there is no marketing conspiracy behind ,
probably someone who didn't realize in time , how great this thing is
were disappointed that previous models are discontinued.
and those who realize will never sell their own Smile
KORG just made some more beautiful instruments to make players happy.
SGX-1 pianos were better and better from their first German grand
to Austrian .
It's been confirmed many times that OS 3 will be available by the end of month for previous models owners as well as new Berlin piano , which I've no doubt is even better than previous SGX pianos .
It still boots 2 minutes , so what ...
Why look for the "cons" , while there's lots of the "pros"
Thanks to it's possibilities Kronos can swallow motif and other big keyboards using sampling , of course if we take enough time and work on it well .

It is a well established "product" and now they can afford to reduce the price to attract new buyers.
The new look might also just attract old customers too.

People don't buy based "strictly on facts", they buy in combination with their hearts.

Why would you ever buy another car unless you wore the old one out?
Your old car has an engine and four wheels, it does the job.
The new one has a spoiler or snazzy wheels and goes faster, or has free maintenance.

You buy on the fact that the new Kronos has more features but also because it has cool or just looks the dog bollocks, or Rick Wakeman has one.

that almost covers it completely. would add that I think Korg is a cool company for many of us keyboardists.

We have decades of experience with Korg doing cool creative workstations and other boards. We can start with the 01/W or for me, it was the Trinity.

When Korg has a new workstation, I don't want to miss out any time of enjoyment. So I tend to pull the trigger quickly.

The K2 isn't radically new, plus i am not rolling in cash, thus no turnover of my 1st gen Kronos followed by the new K2 purchase

ver 3.0 plus the Berlin, etc, upgrades will definitely satisfy me from everything I read.
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDDP wrote:
Regarding V3, here's a question for you techies.
As you know up grading version in .1 or .5 is fine. but going from a . to a whole number generally uses more cpu and computer resources. Case in point on a Macpro or even an iPhone if you have ver 6 that it came with and it's perfectly fine to up grade to 6.1, 6.4, etc. but once V7 comes out and you upgrade to that, the product DOES take a hit in processing and speed. Which is why I never (or rarely) upgrade any of my products unless it have to for a specific software that I need that also requires the new update. I run a protools studio and NEVER upgrade the mac software to a new ver.. Again unless the the latest protools that I need requires it and I have no choice and yes I do notice a hit.
So with that being said, would it be the same scenario with upgrading the Kronos when the new ver comes out?
And I DO NOT want my 2min to upgrade to 3.5 min.

Thanks

I could not disagree more with you. How do you "know" the "new" Kronos takes longer to boot, or that upgrading your existing Kronos to V3 software will cause a longer boot time? You're equating the Kronos with a PC running Windows. It is not a PC running Windows.

Having over 30 years experience with Korg products, I have never encountered a software upgrade that made boot times longer. Ever.
In the case of the V3 software, my expectation is that it may make boot times shorter. But even if it didn't, as long as the instrument boots, I don't care at all how long it takes to boot.

Imagining what "could" happen is always a useless endeavor.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davd C. Polich wrote:
SDDP wrote:
Regarding V3, here's a question for you techies.
As you know up grading version in .1 or .5 is fine. but going from a . to a whole number generally uses more cpu and computer resources. Case in point on a Macpro or even an iPhone if you have ver 6 that it came with and it's perfectly fine to up grade to 6.1, 6.4, etc. but once V7 comes out and you upgrade to that, the product DOES take a hit in processing and speed. Which is why I never (or rarely) upgrade any of my products unless it have to for a specific software that I need that also requires the new update. I run a protools studio and NEVER upgrade the mac software to a new ver.. Again unless the the latest protools that I need requires it and I have no choice and yes I do notice a hit.
So with that being said, would it be the same scenario with upgrading the Kronos when the new ver comes out?
And I DO NOT want my 2min to upgrade to 3.5 min.

Thanks

I could not disagree more with you. How do you "know" the "new" Kronos takes longer to boot, or that upgrading your existing Kronos to V3 software will cause a longer boot time? You're equating the Kronos with a PC running Windows. It is not a PC running Windows.

Having over 30 years experience with Korg products, I have never encountered a software upgrade that made boot times longer. Ever.
In the case of the V3 software, my expectation is that it may make boot times shorter. But even if it didn't, as long as the instrument boots, I don't care at all how long it takes to boot.

Imagining what "could" happen is always a useless endeavor.

It is a PC loading some Linux variant though, and it is loading more data from the same medium (if you update an existing Kronos). So it is a good guess that it may take longer to boot.
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering, does it come with EXf that was denied to Oasys users?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: