Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Kronos!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
musicsound
Junior Member


Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a KRONOS RACK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lonelagranger
Senior Member


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 291

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Definitely a rack. That would make more sense for people that already own a Kronos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fuse



Joined: 03 Apr 2014
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motifes wrote:
New KRONOS audio demos on SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/korg/sets/kronos-demo-songs


These songs are meant to show the possibilities of the instrument.
But why have they be so .... obvious?
Then again the art of obvious demo songs is fading away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bertotti
Platinum Member


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 3384
Location: Middle of nowhere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a way to repackage mine into the new case! Maybe upgrade any internals that would need it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Corgy
Senior Member


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 351

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I would love a way to repackage mine into the new case! Maybe upgrade any internals that would need it.


I would like to have the display in a better position. I never liked it as it is.

It would be a dream, to get something like a modular digital synth that allows to select and exchange hardware modules for years. Only reason something like this will never exist is - IMHO - people would buy less new keyboards all the time - only the new modules.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9306
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corgy wrote:
Bertotti wrote:
I would love a way to repackage mine into the new case! Maybe upgrade any internals that would need it.


I would like to have the display in a better position. I never liked it as it is.

It would be a dream, to get something like a modular digital synth that allows to select and exchange hardware modules for years. Only reason something like this will never exist is - IMHO - people would buy less new keyboards all the time - only the new modules.


there are numerous synth apps for the iPad. Many are quite good from what I read by veteran synth musicians. Thats the way to go for low cost, portable , etc. I would think that Roland, Yamaha and obviously, Korg, noticed this trend a few yrs ago. Thus I have zero expectation that any rack version will appear, or any hardware module thingie.
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Corgy
Senior Member


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 351

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
there are numerous synth apps for the iPad. Many are quite good from what I read by veteran synth musicians. Thats the way to go for low cost, portable , etc. I would think that Roland, Yamaha and obviously, Korg, noticed this trend a few yrs ago. Thus I have zero expectation that any rack version will appear, or any hardware module thingie.


Well, low cost and portablity are nice for getting in touch and on the go. But I don't think Apps will seriously kill real hardware keyboards.

Apps are so cheap (and fun like the Korg Gadget), but I think people will try an app for a while and when they start to get really serious about making music, they might consider to go hardware too. In my opinion the trend has changed already and is heading towards from-software to more-hardware. Shops are full with modern analoge/digital hardware instruments.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phil55
Full Member


Joined: 28 Nov 2013
Posts: 223
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the new KRONOS have a cooling fan?
_________________
Give us our daily synths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9306
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corgy wrote:
GregC wrote:
there are numerous synth apps for the iPad. Many are quite good from what I read by veteran synth musicians. Thats the way to go for low cost, portable , etc. I would think that Roland, Yamaha and obviously, Korg, noticed this trend a few yrs ago. Thus I have zero expectation that any rack version will appear, or any hardware module thingie.


Well, low cost and portablity are nice for getting in touch and on the go. But I don't think Apps will seriously kill real hardware keyboards.

Apps are so cheap (and fun like the Korg Gadget), but I think people will try an app for a while and when they start to get really serious about making music, they might consider to go hardware too. In my opinion the trend has changed already and is heading towards from-software to more-hardware. Shops are full with modern analoge/digital hardware instruments.


here in my state there is only Guitar center ( ughh) plus maybe a small handful of independant stores within 400 miles. So I suppose I am out of touch with whatever they might be showing on the floor or what the hardware trends are.

Thanks
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bertotti
Platinum Member


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 3384
Location: Middle of nowhere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I live the only hardware you find in a store is more along the lines of digital pianos or a mox maybe, and a cheap arranger or two low low end models. And the Kids casio boards.

But truth is I don't ever expect to see any ability to upgrade my current kronos x with anything but software, os firmware etc. I am ok with that it is a great board just the way it is. The rest is just a bonus. I just really don't want it to go obsolete because of lack of support, at least not for a long while. I would be willing to never update mine again as long as it has support for years to come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 1156
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few additional tidbits from the Gearjunkies.com announcement.

KORG introduces the new KRONOS, the most powerful version of its flagship keyboard Music Workstation to date; it was announced by James Sajeva, Brand Manager for Korg products at KORG USA.

“The new Kronos features the unrivaled 9-engine structure from previous versions, with numerous improvements to both sound capability and overall functionality. Truly, this is the most powerful synthesizer on the planet just got more powerful”” Sajeva said.

“Our SGX piano engine, already revered for its German and Japanese grands, now also includes a 9GB Berlin grand with dedicated una corda (soft pedal) samples, plus sympathetic string resonance that works on all the SGX pianos” he continued. “It’s truly an amazing piano experience. There are new banks of sounds based on famous song titles for our cover players and those looking for ‘that’ sound for their recordings, plus a ‘best of’ bank from KaPro, who has created numerous libraries for the Kronos line.”

Other new features include system-wide Touch/Drag via the Kronos’ huge color TouchView™ screen; allowing the user to edit onscreen parameters faster and more naturally than ever.

An evolved Set List mode provides the capability to resize their custom text per set list entry, and enter text via either an onscreen QWERTY or external USB ASCII keyboard. Entries can also be color-coded for better organization and visibility, and users can even decide how many set list entries appear on the screen at time, allowing for more (and larger) onscreen text to remind you of lyrics, changes, or other notes.

An improved search function helps users to find the perfect sound faster than ever.cOther improvements include onscreen metering in Combination and Sequencer modes, along with the ability to edit Programs within a Combination to hear the edits in context with other parts. The improvements don’t end with the software, either; the new Kronos also boasts a new look, including natural wood side panels, easier-to-read silkscreened text, a sophisticated – and functional – vented back panel, and gold-plated audio I/O jacks.

Busch.
_________________
Kronos 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Kurzweil Forte, Roland CR-78, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Corgy
Senior Member


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 351

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:


here in my state there is only Guitar center ( ughh) plus maybe a small handful of independant stores within 400 miles. So I suppose I am out of touch with whatever they might be showing on the floor or what the hardware trends are.

Thanks


That is sad. I seem to be lucky to have two bigger stores in a distance of about less than 100 miles. Well, I have to drive about 1 1/2 hour to go there and I do it not often, but it's like entering the shop of Santa Claus and it's allways very dangerous for my wallet ... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 2278
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I was hoping for some spectacular new "game changer". But after thinking about for a while I have to wonder what exactly would that be?

It already has so much to offer, far more than any other workstation. Maybe the best new feature is the lack of earth shattering new features that only run on the new model. It shows a commitment to the Kronos architecture and looks like every version will continue to be capable of software upgrades for many more years.

I think I'll get one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lonelagranger
Senior Member


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 291

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Only reason something like this will never exist is - IMHO - people would buy less new keyboards all the time - only the new modules.



I think you are right. They all milk the cow until it is practically dead. As with all things in this world anymore, it is just about the money. I know some of you never knew of any different kind of world but, believe me, it was different 40 years ago. Pardon my age, and excuse my bluntness, but many of you have been brainwashed by these manufacturers to the point that you feel you must go to war to protect their name. I am sorry but they are in business to serve you, not you serve them. Get it. Now I will shut up. No offense to anyone intended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilDragon
Platinum Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2005
Posts: 1992
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
At first I was hoping for some spectacular new "game changer". But after thinking about for a while I have to wonder what exactly would that be?


Good question, I have some ideas. Smile

* 64-bit OS supporting more than 3.25 GB of RAM, with 4 or 8 GB preinstalled
* Short boot time (<30 sec) instead of over 2 minutes - needs newer Intel SOC boards that can support faster transfer rates over the data bus, current SSDs used in Kronos are plenty fast to boot and load everything up in seconds, but the bus speed seems to limit this so it ends up being over 2 minutes sadly
* Piano roll from M3 in the sequencer
* Actually some new engines (wind/brass modeling to compliment STR-1, Mono/Poly, something for granular and additive synthesis would be nice too)
* Even more effects (so that all effects from Prog mode can be retained in Combi/Seq)
* Endless rotaries with LED rings instead of knobs, return of LED ladders from OASYS[/quote]


EDIT: I forgot one more.

* Finally implement RX/DNC from PA-series, with various ways of switching between oscillators to implement all kinds of playable articulations within a single program!


Last edited by EvilDragon on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group