Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Kronos!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazylounyc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New videos here but they seem to be in Japanese.
https://www.youtube.com/user/KORGINC/videos
djcactus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
djcactus wrote:
With the discontinued parts from the previous generation it was only a matter of time.

Just to be clear, there were no discontinued parts; it was simply a misunderstanding, as noted in other threads.

- Dan

Missed that, sorry for further spreading misinformation.

It should make you feel better that I will be buying one next year Wink
Corgy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amosaic wrote:
sounds like a small upgrade for users already with the kronos to push them to sell theirs to get the newest one...or buy a whole new one to add to it..

I checked the price at Sweetwater yesterday and had the impression that Kronos 2 is sold at lower price tags than in the old days, if I compare what I have payed for my Kronos 88X.

If that's correct, a second hand market could have a little problem.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great looking keyboard, but I'm very happy that I don't really feel the need to upgrade, the new Piano sounds nice, as does the "drag" edit feature, but I'll stick with my old 1st Gen for the time being.

EDIT: Ohhh, hold that thought... V3 OS update will be available for us, and a fee for the new Piano/Libraries/Soundsets.

Korg, I love you Smile
Corgy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
It's a great looking keyboard, but I'm very happy that I don't feel the need to upgrade. I'll stick with my old 1st Gen Wink

Yes ... and I compliment Korg for keeping a valued instrument on the path of evolution rather to drop it. Hopefully they keep doing this for many years to come Smile

I do hard to switch instruments just for a new feature. I still have my old MS-20, MS-50, Trinity and other stuff I can't part with.
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know what motherboard is inside. That's what drives the instrument. If it is the same DW525 then I don't see this as a new instrument. It can't be a faster processor because they would have surely made reference to that in their advertising. To me it is just rebundling of old stock. So it has a new piano. How many pianos do you need. The OS update is great, but for me Korg's existing OS is stable and I have not experienced any problems. Thank you Korg. I would buy the new board if I did not already have a Kronos X. I think it would be a good value. The wood end caps are nice. If you really want them on your older Kronos find a woodworker and he/she could make them for you.

I think in this economy manufacturers are hesitant to go out on a limb and introduce an entirely new product at a very high price. I believing the thinking today is better safe than sorry.

I wish Korg continued success. They have, over the years, brought many beautiful instruments to the market for us to play.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure it can't be the same mobo, Intel doesn't make them anymore. But even though we can recognize it as a "general computer part" it's important to realize the Kronos isn't a PC. It's a musical instrument. If enough features change to warrant a new model, I don't see the issue. Kronos to Kronos X was a smaller step in my opinion as they didn't even restyle the synth other than adding an X. Perhaps this onw should have been the X and the original X just a new incentive to buy the product with slightly improved specs. Yamaha have been reselling essentially the same Motif for years, even stripping some features along the way. Anyway, it's a moot point as I'm mainly just happy we can all install the new OS! Smile
RKfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: And look at the price !!! Reply with quote

According to Digital Village

Kronos 2 61 £2,369
Kronos 2 73 £2,699
Kronos 2 88 £2,999

Same prices quoted at GAK too.

Noticed this has already been posted
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pretty sure it can't be the same mobo, Intel doesn't make them anymore.

I tend to agree with you, but they certainly haven't told us. That's what makes me think it is still the same motherboard. Just because Intel has discontinued it doesn't mean that Korg doesn't have a large supply of their own. Discontinued doesn't mean not available. I could order one now if I so desired. The Kronos is more computer than any other keyboard of the three main manufacturers.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelagranger wrote:
Quote:
Pretty sure it can't be the same mobo, Intel doesn't make them anymore.

I tend to agree with you, but they certainly haven't told us. That's what makes me think it is still the same motherboard. Just because Intel has discontinued it doesn't mean that Korg doesn't have a large supply of their own. Discontinued doesn't mean not available. I could order one now if I so desired. The Kronos is more computer than any other keyboard of the three main manufacturers.

Point or thought was made before. Could be OEM version of the Intel board
Purusha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - I reckon that Korg would be more than capable of producing an OEM board based on Intel's reference design.
slowtrain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corgy wrote:
amosaic wrote:
sounds like a small upgrade for users already with the kronos to push them to sell theirs to get the newest one...or buy a whole new one to add to it..

I checked the price at Sweetwater yesterday and had the impression that Kronos 2 is sold at lower price tags than in the old days, if I compare what I have payed for my Kronos 88X.

If that's correct, a second hand market could have a little problem.

Maybe it's being sold at a discount at first like Fender did when they introduced the American Standard series.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing the Kronos in and out i am still wondering what could be the drag feature used for on this machine.
...except probably in Disc Mode...
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
Knowing the Kronos in and out i am still wondering what could be the drag feature used for on this machine.
...except probably in Disc Mode...

Well, I presumed it's like the old Trinity, where you can adjust the value of a parameter directly on-screen via a pop-up slider, instead of selecting and using the wheel/Value slider/up/down buttons.

I hope I'm not wrong.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice...but just regular drag and drop is nice but for what? LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: