Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Kronos!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wooden ends Reply with quote

lotty1 wrote:
Hope they sell the wooden ends separately. They look very good on the new kronos Very Happy

That would be cool... a good match onstage for my new Prophet 12
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new wood end caps won't fit the frame on the old Kronos.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right to assume that the new "Berlin Grand" has been sampled and modelled from a Bechstein? I'm curious because I happen to like Bechstein grand pianos a lot.

http://bechstein.com/centren/berlin/fluegel-und-klaviere/c-bechstein/fluegel/c-bechstein-d-282.html Very Happy

Last edited by jimknopf on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
slowtrain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wooden ends Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
lotty1 wrote:
Hope they sell the wooden ends separately. They look very good on the new kronos Very Happy

How do you like that board? I thought of the Prophet 12 when I saw the end caps too Wink Too bad they won't fit. The new case looks really nice with them.
Corgy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wooden ends Reply with quote

lotty1 wrote:

I guess that we old-model users would need special wood ends, because the new model sports a different shape of the housing. But in case there was something like an cosmetic upgrade, I would buy one. Only thing I dislike at my Kronos are those (cheap looking) plastic ends.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Am I right to assume that the new "Berlin Grand" has been sampled and modelled from a Bechstein? I'm curious because I happen to like Bechstein grand pianos a lot.

http://bechstein.com/centren/berlin/fluegel-und-klaviere/c-bechstein/fluegel/c-bechstein-d-282.html Very Happy

Good assumption unless there are other piano companies that started business in 1853 in Berlin.

https://soundcloud.com/korg/s000-berlin-city-tour

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
amosaic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a small upgrade for users already with the kronos to push them to sell theirs to get the newest one...or buy a whole new one to add to it..
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the link, that's beyond doubt. Cool

This piano just sounds gorgeous, as far as I can judge from the few demo stuff available so far!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amosaic wrote:
sounds like a small upgrade for users already with the kronos to push them to sell theirs to get the newest one...or buy a whole new one to add to it..

i would not buy the Kronos 2 based on cosmetics between the 2

But if I was a musician with gigs lined up, and needed a backup board, I like the idea of having both.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: New Wooden ends Reply with quote

slowtrain wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
lotty1 wrote:

How do you like that board? I thought of the Prophet 12 when I saw the end caps too Wink Too bad they won't fit. The new case looks really nice with them.

It's pretty sweet. I've been replacing a lot of the prophet type sounds that I had programmed in the Kronos and V-Synth for my live set, but I'm still working on getting some cool bread & butter type general sounds. It's definitely not a Moog (as in it's not as naturally fat or ballsy), but it's got some amazing potential.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Slovenec

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Kronos2014: new sequencer features??? Reply with quote

I'm waiting for the M3 a xpanded and Krome sequencer features like the piano Roll editor to make it into Kronos. Any luck this time?
billysynth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. Congratulations to Korg. I wish it had more in terms of screen size-10 or 12 inch, ram, 250gb SSD, more prog/combi room...and at least more than 9 synth engines three years later

Yes, it would of been a bit more expensive with these extra items but well worth it...for me Smile

Sorry, no sale here.

regards
billy
motifes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New KRONOS audio demos on SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/korg/sets/kronos-demo-songs
seanL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might do it for me. I've been eyeballing used Kronos....but I love the new styling and especially the angled screen. I might just pull the pin and go for the Kronos2
M3, Radias R, Kurzweil PC3LE, EMU Proteus 1000, EMU Proteus 2000 (three of 'em) EMU Proteus 2500, , Alesis QS6, Alesis QS7.1 (2 of them, 'cause I use them as midi controllers and I prefer their keyboard action), MPK 61, love the buttons / sliders etc but not liking the action. Wavestation A/D. Core i7 PC, 32 GB ram, 500 GB SSD, Presonus Studio One 2 Pro, VST's Pianoteq, Alchemy
crazylounyc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: