Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sustain Songs while Switching Polyphony

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaysrrer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Sustain Songs while Switching Polyphony Reply with quote

Hello, good afternoon!!! Very Happy

I recently bought the Korg Kross 88 Workstation. It really surprised me with all functions and polyphony songs are amazing too. I really recommend.

Everything is amazing until now, however is it possible to use the sustain pedal while I am switching the polyphony, like example below?

I'm playing with Strings songs, but I need to switch to guitar, even if I select guitar as favorites or search at the system, the sound simply cut. Is this possible to do like that.

Playing strings + sustain pedal, as I press the pedal, I can look for a song wherever it is (while the strings are playing), and just after I select the song the string will fading out.

I will really appreciate your help.
Thanks very much.
Shutoku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a really good feature, and actually my korg sp250 digital piano does that, but the Kross doesn't.
The moment you leave a combi/program all parameters change to the current combi/program, and there will be a drop of sound for a millisecond or so with that change.

When you think about it, it would require more than polyphony. It would actually require essentially a second sound engine to carry over.

Even on my piano, it only works with single sounds. If I have a layer of say piano and strings, hold the pedal and change programs, one of the sounds will drop out. I wonder if it may be a midi thing because the piano seems to be using both midi ch 1 and 2.
My wife's Yamaha piano doesn't do it at all even with single sounds and actually the drop out of sound it really pronounced.

Apple's "mainstage 2" used to carry over really nicely and seamlessly, but the updated "mainstage 3" does not.
Chaysrrer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Shutoku. Very Happy

I appreciate your explanation, Thank you.

This would be an extremely nice function, probably I must to create a Piano Set, using another keyboard to minimize the sound cut.

At least, the sound could just fading out, not just cut.

Well, meanwhile I will practicing to reduce the cut off.

Thanks. God bless you. Very Happy
Umut Erhan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but it is a Kronos level feature called Smooth Sound Transition. Unfortunately Kross doesn't have it.

www.umuterhan.com
www.uesound.com -> Kronos Combi Pack & Sequencer Pack
Shutoku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway tonight I made a big discovery that sort of relates to this topic, so I will post it here as well as a couple other threads.

I wanted set up a combi with various orchestral and synth sounds on the Kross and a second controller, and then on my piano controller have a rhodes sound, that could then turn into a piano + string sound later within the song.
I didn't want to do this with 2 combi's because of the sound drop out when changing combis.

Tonight the answer came to me and worked better than I could have imagined.
Here is what I did:
1. I re-wrote the rhodes program into the user bank at 011.
2. I re-wrote the piano-string program into user bank at 012.
3. I set up the combi with the Rhodes program assigned to the piano controller.
4. On the Kross own display I went into the combi and into the program page on that channel.

5. I play the song and when I need to sound change I reach up and move the dial one place up or down as need be. Voila!

What makes this even better than I had hoped though....is that it turns out that if I play a chord with the rhodes sound and hold down the damper pedal, I can then change to the piano+string program, but the rhodes sound continues to sustain until I actually strike the piano controller again. This means perfectly seamless sound changes all within one combi!

This won't help if you are wanting to change multiple sounds with a smooth transition, but it will work for at least one program change within a combi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: