Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland GR 55 guitar synth will not talk to the Microstation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randyrocker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Roland GR 55 guitar synth will not talk to the Microstation? Reply with quote

Hey Guys:

Let me vent for just a sec. ya know I remember 15 years ago I bought a cheap ole PSR 520 Yamaha keyboard just for fun to hook up to the computer back then everything was so easy. I just plugged the midi cables in to the soundcard and it just worked.... years ago I used to mess around with Res Rocket the online collaboration thing if any of you remember way ahead of its time.. Well I'm a guitar player but use the keyboard for sounds and I can play I'm just no Mozart I was classically trained in College so anyway..

I picked up a Roland GR55 Midi Synth for one of my guitars and I thought it was like the old days just ya know plug the output of the GR55 into the Microstation and away I go.. Well haha of course it did not work.. then I read the GR55 manual and that is confusing then when I looked at the Microstation manual, I was like ohhh dear god I come from the world of guitars does anyone have any idea how to get this to work? or at least what do I need to do on the Microstation side to allow it to be the engine for the GR55? Thanks I know this is a weird one Smile

Randy
thejam20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im afraid i cant help much but i got 2 roland synths and neither of them will work properly with the microstation, yet ive got yamaha synths that you just plug in and its fine..... i think its a roland issue Confused
DrKewel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: GR-55 Reply with quote

I am looking at a YouTube video where a guy is triggering his Kronos with a Gr-30. So I know at least that can be done. I too have a GR-55 but i can't seem to make that work using midi cables. I also have a midi-usb converter a UM-2 which blinks flashing green in midi input, but I can't seem to make that work either. Sure would like to know how this guy did it.
DrKewel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, got the GR-55 to talk to Kronos. So, it is possible. I can see all the guitar strings triggering midi data in Program mode, but only some of the strings will sound depending on the combo chosen. What I can't seem to do is to have all the strings be recognized at the same time. I can do it singularly by choosing which midi channel is assigned to an appropriate string, i.e., change the string which is responding, but not all of them at the same time. Getting there. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: