Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Extreme/MOSS card Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timodeous

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Triton Extreme/MOSS card Problems Reply with quote

Hi all...

Recently sold my Extreme 61 key and picked up an 88 key version. I am running into some problems, and was wondering if any of you had run into any of these issues:

1) All analog outputs do not work, but I am getting sound out of the SPDIF optical...

2) Some of my patches from my 61 (about 1 in 5, both Presets and Combi's) when loaded into the 88 have an effect routed to output bus 3/4, rendering a lot of patches not correct, mostly Bass/Guitar Presets, and Combi's more random. (I don't have my 61, but they loaded fine into it when I had it)

3) Functional MOSS card removed from my Triton Classic installed into Extreme... most of the time (95%) it is not recognized, but on the rare occasion it is, bank F appears with presets from my Classic, but then it will disappear again.

All of these problems were with version 1.0.5 and I then noticed an update for MOSS and installed 1.0.6, reinstalled patches and same problem(s).

Also weird, was after going through bank A Combi's and re-routing all erroneous effects to Buss L/R none of the Operation buttons would work (Combi, Program, Global, Storage, etc) nor the bank buttons.

My money is on the 88 most likely got dropped a time or two and quite possibly may have a few broken traces on the main board, and allows things to work most times, but sometimes not.

The synth is 90% functional, and the audio workaround works fine, and I don't use the MOSS card too much, but the FX error is hampering at best.

Has anyone run across any of these problems and if so should I just get a Square Trade Warranty on it, then file broken unit? Korg probably cannot fix this, as if its the main board, it's probably irreparable by Korg.

Thanks so much for any input!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds pretty broken to me, if you have any kind of warranty at all I'd definitely use it.
Timodeous

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty broken is an understatement... any idea what's broken? Is it most likely the mainboard? And would it be responsible for all of this, or parts? Warranty will not fix this, as I doubt korg has the parts left to do so...
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you said you could get a Square Trade Warranty on it, whatever that is? My guess is "something" on the mainboard, and for all their expertise, I doubt any Korg tech is going to try a more sophisticated diagnosis. So they'll likely move to replace the mainboard, which will be very expensive.

You could try reloading the OS to rule out software problems, but really it sounds like very broken hardware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: