Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Recall/Reorganization for Korg Microstation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnnaDahmer666

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Live Recall/Reorganization for Korg Microstation Reply with quote

I'm trying to see if there's any easier way to recall programs in the order of a set list (a mix of both self-made combis and normal programs) for live shows with my Korg Microstation.

So say I have 6 different patches saved in order for said set list and then we change out one of the songs in the middle for a new one. I save a set-up for the new one, but I can only save it AFTER the 6th one instead of where it is in the set list because I don't wanna erase/lose the original in case for later. Is there any way I can reorganize User Pre-sets to reflect the new set list order (much like say a playlist on iTunes)?
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reorganize combi's programs Reply with quote

No one answering well the microstation doesn't have a set list to start with I would recommend either build you're combi's and programs such that you can order them in user space or use PCG tools to organize them according to you're taste in user space or combi and program space(discovered myself a few days ago Smile).
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for mentioning PCG Tools.

I think the best workflow is:
- Only use combis, if you need a program, make a combi using only that single program. So you end up with a bunch of combis (referencing to one or more programs)
- Save it as a PCG file
- Make a backup (you never know)
- Load it in PCG Tools (see the link in my signature)
- Rearrange the order in the way you want
- Rename them if needed
- Save the PCG file
- Load it in your microStation.

Also in PCG Tools you can generate e.g. a patch list and you will have a set list to print out for the show.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: