Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS-20 mini sounding different of Korg Legacy Collection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbiondi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: MS-20 mini sounding different of Korg Legacy Collection Reply with quote

Hello,

I've using the MS-20 Korg Legacy plugin for a long time and really enjoy creating my own patches. Recently I bought a real MS-20 mini and it's a dream of Synth, I'm in love with it.
But now I'm trying to reproduce my Legacy patches and having a very hard time: after following and adjusting all parameters and knobs carefuly, it does not sound the same on analog. I've tried changing Legacy to mono, without polyphony and it sounds badly compared to the hardware. And the same creating a patch on MS-20 mini and then trying on Legacy. They seem to be completely different synths. Have some of you faced the same problem? May comment about your experience? Any tip about getting the same results on both software and hardware?

Thank you very much,
Rogerio

Last edited by rbiondi on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Corgy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't wonder or worry too much,

that's the difference between a plug-in and real hardware.

Your patches should work on the hardware synth too - in principle, but you need to tweek the parameters differently, because your plug-in is modelling a real instrument, but it is not the same that you own. It's typical for analoque synths, that not two of them sound the same. How much differently you have to tweek depends on the actual built of your synth. Just give it a try and you will succeed.

I had the same problem just the other way around - but tweeking got me there Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: