Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how can i make this sound similar to the kross..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stingray1059

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: how can i make this sound similar to the kross.. Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBqLQXOcXA

its from the king korg default patch..
tommymandel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's not on now, but how about you go into Combi mode and choose the Piano category, and then turn the 2nd big knob, until you see Piano + Pad or something like that, try it out. Or just try all of them. I'm sure there's something close. You might just want to choose the Bright Piano program (in Program mode) and then press the Layer button, and then switch the 2nd (the layer) sound category to Synth Pad. It will be on Sine something, if not, just rotate the 2nd big knob counterclockwise (anticlockwise) all the way. See if that's close. Then you can alter the Volume of the Pad right there before you save it. There are a lot of ways to get close to that KK sound on the Kross. You might prefer a different Synth Pad sound. Or a different Piano sound, but to me the Bright Piano's are close. Also try 90's or M1 or SG Piano. or Vivid Piano. Try layering a String pad (under the Strings category) - that might make you smile. But the Combi's are a quicker way to get where it sounds like you wish to be. g00d Luck!
tommymandel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked it - try Combi Piano 006 - Piano Pad. Sounds very close to me.

And whoever is playing it has it transposed down 1/2 step. His fingers are playing it the key of C, but the sound is the key of B.

So you can't believe everything you see and hear, can you? . . . Now I must . . . be. . . going Rolling Eyes Embarassed Twisted Evil Shocked Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Exclamation Idea Arrow Question Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: