Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos and a Yamaha MX61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Kronos and a Yamaha MX61 Reply with quote

My MX61 turned up today hooked it up to the KronosX 73 and makes a nice compliment of all those Motif sounds flipping back and forward I am very please I chose this cheap little board. I like the brass and sax in particular and some of the EPs are just different and complimentary. It's funny trying to play piano on the non weighted keys and it's funny how it sounds better when you midi the Kronos to those Motif sounds. I still prefer the Kronos for most stuff but this will be great as a light weight go anywhere board and I like it in tandem too. 1000 Motif sounds and 128 note polyphony and US goes for 699 on average if you want some other sounds or those nice legato saxes then it's a good way to go.
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
Comrad_Durandal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a MX49 for that purpose (MIDIing the MX using the Kronos' keybed) and it works pretty well. For those who were on the fence about the Motif sounds and the Kronos technology, it really allows you to have the best of both worlds. Of course, you don't have the adjustments possible on the MX series that you would have on the Motif XS (the MX49/61 use the XS' soundset) - but if you want the basic sounds, your set for a pretty great price.
Billy McBride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had a MX61 and I enjoyed it much. The multitimbrality was something that worked for me at the time. And, it had some nice sounds too.
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comrad_Durandal wrote:
I purchased a MX49 for that purpose (MIDIing the MX using the Kronos' keybed) and it works pretty well. For those who were on the fence about the Motif sounds and the Kronos technology, it really allows you to have the best of both worlds. Of course, you don't have the adjustments possible on the MX series that you would have on the Motif XS (the MX49/61 use the XS' soundset) - but if you want the basic sounds, your set for a pretty great price.

You can do a lot deeper edits to the sounds through the computer editor that you can't on the from the mx front panel
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
markusa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Same setup but my new Kronos won't start Reply with quote

I have the same setup. I've been using the MX49 for a couple of month and have been extremely happy with it.

Yesterday I noticed a Kronos 61 on clearance at Guitar Center, so I bought it. I played for hours yesterday (it was great) but now this morning it won't reboot. Crying or Very sad

The display says "System Startup Failure - Please reinstall system software (6)" or something like that.

Unfortunately, it didn't come with the Factory Install DVDs. The salesman called Korg and apparently the DVDs are on backorder with no arrival date.

Anyway, I can't find the DVDs anywhere in stores or online. Not a good start to with my second Korg keyboard ever.

But this Kronos issues have made me appreciate the simplicity and fast, trouble-free startup time of the MX49.

Glad you are enjoying your MX as much as I have been mine, Markus
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am trying to decide between the Kross and MX61.
For the guys that have the MX61 - they talk about setting up 16 sounds and switching between them without notes cutting off. Now in practice, is this easy to do? How many buttons do you have to push to do this?

What does the keybed feel like?

I just want a light keyboard to use to for traveling - something light so it's not broken when the TSA slams the case on the ground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: