Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Informations on Icon iCreativ with Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Googloiss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Informations on Icon iCreativ with Kronos Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here and I want to know if somebody know this controller: iCreativ, from Icon (https://www.icondigitalusa.com/content/icreativ-controller). Specifically, can it be connected to Kronos without any problems via USB? And can I assign any parameter I want (from Kronos) to the AirLight 3D effector and the X/Y touch controller?

Thanks! Smile
Googloiss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know this controller? Please help! Embarassed
Googloiss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, up.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until you posted it here I never heard of it. I wonder if anyone here has even played with one.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be certain, one would have to own both the Kronos and the controller. I'm looking at the manual now. It would seam that you could use a computer to assign the CC #s to any of the controls on the unit and then use it on the Kronos. Nobody's chiming in because they can't be absolutely certain without owning both.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says it's class compliant, that would normally be the indication that you can use it via USB with the Kronos. But like phatbuzz said, it's impossible to say with complete certainty without actually trying.
Googloiss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
To be certain, one would have to own both the Kronos and the controller. I'm looking at the manual now. It would seam that you could use a computer to assign the CC #s to any of the controls on the unit and then use it on the Kronos. Nobody's chiming in because they can't be absolutely certain without owning both.

Yes, I thought the same thing!

SanderXpander wrote:
It says it's class compliant, that would normally be the indication that you can use it via USB with the Kronos. But like phatbuzz said, it's impossible to say with complete certainty without actually trying.

It is class compliant, so I can only buy it and pray Confused it was just about the money that I would lost... !
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the allure of this device over some others we know work with the Kronos? I went with w QeNexus but would love to have a QuNeo as well. The touch section of this does look interesting though.
Googloiss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, based on the informations that I have, iCreativ have an interesting touch section, and the hand's motion control (with the aireffect) that I've never seen in other possible controllers for Kronos! And all this at a third of the price of the controllers that you have quoted...
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets see QuNexus cost me 149, and QeNeo is 199 the website says the I whatever is 159 so it is in the ball park. I don't know about the air eye or whatever they call it but it does sound interesting. I will look forward to hearing what you think of it once you get it!
Googloiss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is the base price when it's been released, but now there are many discounts on the price in a lot of online shops! By the way, if and when I will buy it I'll tell you my opinions...
Googloiss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted you to know that I finally bought the iCon iCreativ and it works very well with the Kronos! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: