Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My (late) January Entry - Industrial track in progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: My (late) January Entry - Industrial track in progress Reply with quote

https://soundcloud.com/thefiltersaturation/industrial-groove-clip

This is bits of an industrial track I've been working on. I've gotten further in the arrangement than what is here, but this is part of it from an earlier mixdown.

Instrumentation is:
multitracked Live Drums (with a kickass room track)
Z3ta+2.1
Oberheim OP-x
Kontakt Scarbee Bass

I'm out on a really shoddy internet connection at the moment. Once I"m back home on Monday, I plan on commenting on all the other tracks
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like all the sync sounds.

I didn't actually hear the Scarbee Bass in there (probably because laptop speakers). Which one did you use? I think there are about 5 different ones.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! It's just the basic one (I only have regular Komplete9 and it only came with the one preset), but I messed with the amp sim to overdrive it a bit. Youll hear it better on full range speakers. The drum track js my favorite part, though. I think it's the best recording I've ever done. Obviously it's tailored to sound a certain way for this track, but the raw instrument sounds are awesome (to me, at least). I recorded the drum track first (to a click) and am composing the rest on top of it as I go.

I'm sitting on top of a mountain right now with no cell signal and just shoddy internet via lodge WiFi, and Im looking forward to checking out the other tunes (and getting my Feb track done).
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
danmacgregor1985

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, the drums do sound awesome.

I can't wait to hear the full track - sounds crazy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: