Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DAW VSTi workflow, please explain.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pulmac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey johnroney, I'm currently using a DAW and the Microstation connected to the computer, the problem comes when I finish a song and I want to bring it into the Microstation as a .SNG file, that is my target.
johnroney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: answer Reply with quote

read this thread...
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=87938

you gotta make sure that your midi channels are set correctly, and that they are assigned to the proper parts...
ALSO - it is important that the MS remembers what your PRGs are (000/000) if applicable... so, you should probably setup a COMBI or a template.

follow the instructions, and save as midi file.. to a SD Card... load it up on the MS
MEDIA > LOAD > SMF...
ERASE CURRENT SONG... etc... get it into the SEQ.
now you can tweak it again- make sure all your sounds are in the right place.
and then save it as a SNG.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pulmac wrote:
well I did the same process with the Microstation before the purchase and I had the impression of being able to use the DAW to produce MIDI files with the MS Programs, have you actually tried this on the KROME ?

I don't want to be disappointed again
NO, there won't be ever seamless DAW Sequencer intergration possible due the incompatible Sequencer/Programs formats.
It'll be the same process as mS, because all KORG workstations have its own standalone unique seq/sound file formats and is not interchangeable with other type models or DAW.

Thats why it's called VST/Plug-in Editor to edit soundwaves and not an VSTi instrument/sequencer to produce sounds from DAW/record songs directly!, otherwise KORG needs to built a total new DAW software that intergrate the instruments own seq/program files directly! and that is not going to happen and economical as all other model instruments use its own built-in standalone sequencer.

So any communication with the outer world is through the GM MIDI standard with the MIDI limitations/possibilities.

pulmac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]So any communication with the outer world is through the GM MIDI standard with the MIDI limitations/possibilities.

[/quote]

...I understand all the Plug-in stuff but even the SMF import functionality seems to be quite unstable Sad. As a musician I DONT WANT TO LOOSE ALL THE HOURS I SPENT CREATING MUSIC and re-do the whole thing for a new machine, it is quite frustrating.
johnroney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: please read... Reply with quote

there's a thread that i made to help you guys out... just read it all...
it's called
DAW + MS + EDITOR > Midi files...
it's posted by johnroney...

it will explain the process by which you are sure to have everything at 100%.
johnroney
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: